Home U.S. Coin Forum

To those that love to look at rare seated 1/2 dimes

roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
Check out Joe O'Connor's website (www.rareassets.com) for a nice little grouping of rare date half dimes in grades of MS63-MS66: 38-0, 39-0, 40-0, 42-0, 52-0, 53-0 NA to name a few. The Pittman
1884-s dime in MS68 & the Eliasberg 1840-0 50c in MS66 are not bad lookers either. Haven't seen this nice of grouping of better date seated material in one place in a while. Nice selection Joe.

roadrunner

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Comments

• BustmanBustman Posts: 1,911
    I was just looking at the sight before coming here, real nice seated half dimes ( real rare too). Joe also has a few nice half dimes for us bust men. And a few proof RB half cents!!
    Ahh, so many coins.... so little money.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I was beginning to think no one cared about half dimes....thanks Bustman and Kam for TTT-ing. Whether one can afford these or not, they are informative to look at. The 1842-0 half dime in PCGS 65 is only the 2nd one I can recall seeing with a fully struck head...most are half heads or less. A small hoard (half a dozen) of choice pieces popped sometime in the 1980's. Up until that point the date was nearly unknown in UNC.

In particular I was sort of blown away by the price of the 1884-s dime in MS68....yowser! Looks like some readjustments have occurred in the finest known arena. Joe recently handled the James Stack 1878-cc dime and that too I believe was an MS68.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file