Home U.S. Coin Forum

Missed opportunity and I can't get over the price increase what would you do

mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
This coin is on Ebay and I was looking at buying it so
I went to Heritage's Archive to check and see if the price is out of whack or not

And I find that the coin sold there 3 months ago for $150 less

and for some reason that bugs me.

Should I "get over it" and bid what I think it's worth to me? Now i'm thinking it's overpriced. Am I thinking that because I know what he paid or because it's really overpriced.

--------T O M---------

-------------------------

Comments

• PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    It's your money and choice. If it was me I would check the pops and the Heritage auction archives and decide if the coin is scarce enough that I would probably be able to find another similar one in a reasonable amount of time or not.
    If I was just buying it as a type coin and the date didn't matter I would pass.
  • Get over it. I always get sucked into a big thing, miss out on the coin and then suffer non-buyer's remorse...
  • nOoBiEeEnOoBiEeE Posts: 1,011 ✭✭
    All that you can do is to get over it. Kinda sucks but nothing that you can do now. Someone made some nice money off of that but don't let it influence your decision. If you didn;t see it on Heritage, would you bid on it now? That's what you need to ask yourself.
  • NoGvmntNoGvmnt Posts: 1,126
    Does that $805.00 price paid for the Heritage Auction include the 15% juice? If not the seller actually paid $925.75 for the coin.

Apparently he sees something in the coin or grading that he doesn't like (something you may want to consider).

I also see that the current bidder (or should I say the opening bidder) is branching out from collecting Ikes.

Jim
  • SarasotaFrankSarasotaFrank Posts: 1,625 ✭✭
    brown box ikes once went for $150.00

nothing goes up forever
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • coltguscoltgus Posts: 337
    Yes, the $805 includes the 15%. So the seller only got $700 IF there was no sellers premium.
    I'd rather be lucky than good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file