Home U.S. Coin Forum

Free bottle of Scratch-Away - goes to rottnrog

I checked at 13 minutes after the hour so post #13 was the winner. However, since that turned out to be my post I went with rottnrog whos scratches beat out Baleys.

Rottnrog please PM me your address.

MichaelDixon wins honorable mention for the best reason he should win, and if the Rottnrog is not able to perform his duties as the winner of the scratch away, Dixon will be the first runner-up.

I had no sales resistance to Pushkin's 2 bottle special when I only needed one so I am giving away one here today.

The contest is simple. Post a picture of your most scratched up slab and/or describe why you are deserving of a free bottle. I’ll pick a winner at random around 11 PM PST tonight. Those who do not win can then PM winner asking to borrow it image

Scratch-Away won’t help this slab, but maybe it will help yours.
My posts viewed image times
since 8/1/6

Comments

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have plenty, so I need not enter. I will say that this stuff works fantastically image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315

Does scratchaway have super glue in it

An ebay genius mailed this slab in a regular envelope, the PO machines ate it up.

Herb

nOoBiEeE...thanks for pointing that out...back to the testing forum for me image
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You never mentioned if the shipping was free. Is that $12.00?image
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • nOoBiEeEnOoBiEeE Posts: 1,011 ✭✭

<< <i>Does scratchaway have super glue in it

An ebay genius mailed this slab in a regular envelope, the PO machines ate it up.

Herb >>

Hey genius, your link doesn't work... imageimage
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Isn't that stuff made from cat pee?

Russ, NCNE
  • I have been using Brasso for two years and happy with it. Link
    JoeCool
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I may have given Steve a rough time when he first introduced this stuff, but it beats all to date...even took scratches outta a pair of glasses, and fixed my watch crystal...it just keeps giving image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

All of these scratches are on the slab.... PCGS AU50!

hey Joe

Do you also like the yellowish tint brasso gives to the slabs also?

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
    rog that indian is killer image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am deserving, because I'm too darned cheap to buy one!
    Thanksgiving National Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024 at the Eisenhower Allstar Sportsplex, Gettysburg, PA. Tables are available. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

<< <i>You never mentioned if the shipping was free. Is that $12.00? >>

Shipping is never free, but remember the handling charge is the most expensive part. image

Hey everybody, please thank stman for offering to cover the S/H charge for the winner. image You're correct $12.00 will cover it.image
    since 8/1/6
  • puffpuff Posts: 1,475
    Brasso has worked fine for me for the last 10 years..... Never have had a problem, and I still have the original 8oz. can that cost me about $2 or 3 bucks.image
  • <Do you also like the yellowish tint brasso gives to the slabs also? >

image Never had any problems with Brasso leaving a tint. I have used it on NGC and ANACS holders, no yellow tint or any tint on them. The only time anything yellow gets on my coins is when I eat a Hot Dog.....image
    JoeCool
  • I have used Brasso for six years and had no problems from tinting. It works great.......image
    coconut
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Relayer, so how do you win this tube of gook if you are too stupid to post a picture?----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    here's my worst scratched slab, the obverse is hazy and has many many hairlines right over the coin. image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• CladiatorCladiator Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have 6 coins to my collection cause I am unemployed and can't afford to buy any image All of the slabs are pretty scratched up but not super duper bad. Guess I'd just like to have smooth slabs on the ones I can actually own.

ps. hope the sob story works image (it is true though image )
    Pushkin tell me the truth, is it the cat pee additive that makes the holder turn yellowimage, or is it the Brasso?----------------------------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Rottnrog is the winner!
    since 8/1/6
    image:image--------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Thanks Doug!!! image

PM sent!

Leave a Comment