Home U.S. Coin Forum

Ebay did it! They finally did it!!!!!

airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
When you enter a category, coins are displayed in order of when they're ending! No longer do you have to search "*" to have an orderly list!!!

Yay!

As if my day hadn't already been made!
JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• << <i>Coins are displayed in order of when they're ending >>

Always has image
    J.Kriek
    Morgan Dollar Aficionado & Vammer
    Current Set: Morgan Hit List 40 VAM Set
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Coins are displayed in order of when they're ending >>

Always has image >>

Definitely not--just a few days ago the first item ended in 7 days, the next in 2. They were put in order once searched.

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

There is the drop down box labeled "Sort Order" where YOU can pick the order you want to see
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Run that by me again. I don't see any change.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Always has >>

Definitely not >>

Definitely has.

Russ, NCNE
    Then why have I always had them out of order, and only had the option of sort by price, ending today, or going, going, gone?
  • They have always been in order for me.
    J.Kriek
    Morgan Dollar Aficionado & Vammer
    Current Set: Morgan Hit List 40 VAM Set
  • prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    The one thing that has changed, for me at least, items disappear from my bidder's list, especially when I am the high bidder.

• merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    They have always been in order for me as well.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
    Great, am I making a fool of myself now? image
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Me too (about being in order, that is).
  • Sorry, old buddy, but they have always been in order for me, also....Ken
  • Mine has always been like airplanenuts' until Sunday night. I DONOT like this new format. It is slow, and going going gone was very nice,and there was always something ending. Now,it seems only a few items under an hour. A little to slow paced and somewhat boring. I want my Maypo back.

• << <i>Great, am I making a fool of myself now? image >>

No you're not. You're just not wording it right.

It used to be when you browsed through eBay's listings they were not it order of when they ended. But when you did a search they would be placed in order.

Hope this helps
    Dan

My quarters:
    Silver
    Clad
    Statehood
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Always worked for me too....
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

<< <i>Always has image >>

Definitely not--just a few days ago the first item ended in 7 days, the next in 2. They were put in order once searched.
    >>

<< <i>It used to be when you browsed through eBay's listings they were not it order of when they ended. But when you did a search they would be placed in order >>

See, I said that!

• << <i>

<< <i>Always has image >>

>>

<< <i>It used to be when you browsed through eBay's listings they were not it order of when they ended. But when you did a search they would be placed in order >>

See, I said that! >>

Sorry, missed that. image
    Dan

My quarters:
    Silver
    Clad
    Statehood
  • Mine would default to "Jeremy's version", but I could sort by ending date previously. I having a hard time getting used to the new format. I don't think I like it...
  • It used to be when browsing eBay would list newly listed items first therefore ending times were scattered because some auctions were 3 days long and some were 7 but they were listed in the order in which they started. Now you can choose how you want the listings sorted when you're browsing and searching.(which I think is alot better)
    Dan

My quarters:
    Silver
    Clad
    Statehood
    JoeCool
  • LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    It is the same, the defaut setting was CURRENT, that was why you see different ending times.

I think yesterday, the four tabs, CURRENT, ENDING FIRST, NEWLY LISTED and GOING GOING GONE has been replace by a drop down box near the right hand side in the middle of the page.
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• << <i>I think yesterday, the four tabs, CURRENT, ENDING FIRST, NEWLY LISTED and GOING GOING GONE has been replace by a drop down box near the right hand side in the middle of the page. >>

You can customize it now so the auctions are listed the way you prefer. I don't recall seeing a customize link before but I could have missed it.
    Dan

My quarters:
    Silver
    Clad
    Statehood
  • LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    That part is new.
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    yup ...in order
  • imageimage
    imageimage
    coconut
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Get off that eBay and study for your AP exams!

Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    That's a great Miracle!!!!!!!!!image

Dennis
  • This is all easily explained by the fact that Jeremy uses a different Internet than the rest of us. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file