Home U.S. Coin Forum

Who's going to next weeks Michigan State Show in Lansing, Michigan??

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'll be making the 4 hour drive on Thursday after work to attend the show on Friday and Saturday. Last year's November show was quite a good one, and while I understand the spring show will be smaller, it should be a good regional show all the same. Forum member numobri is an organizer and does a first-rate job. He even sprang for the dinner bill one night, though I had to pick up the tab for my own dessert!!!

MdWoods will be my gracious host for the weekend and I'm hopeful that I can meet up with a few other Michigan Members, walk the floor and talk coins.

Al H.image

Comments

• MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I might be able to make that show on Saturday, if you guys promise to me nice to me!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• CaptainRonCaptainRon Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
    Show details would be appreciated. I think I can talk the little lady into making the 3 hour hike down south. Directions and show times plz.

Thanks Ron
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How far is Lansing from Detroit?? Any other specifics would be helpful. Thanks
    Manor - from detroit to lansing is only about 30 to 45 minutes away depending on how quick you drive. As to the specifics of where exactly it is in Lansing I have no idea yet. If you take 696w until it turns into 96w, it will take you right into Lansing.

Would be nice if it was in E. Lansing though, I could also go and visit some of my old stomping grouds.
    Ron
  • lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720
    Lansing's roughly 100 miles from Detroit.
    I'll be at the show. I worked the show as an officer in a sponsoring coin club.
    The spring show isn't quite as good as the Fall Show in Dearborn, but it's still well worth attending.

Ray
  • Details? Location, time, etc.
  • lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720
    info
    map

Ray
    Thank you very much.

Ron
  • numobrinumobri Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

I'll be there Saturday & Sunday,not sure about Friday(have to work).Looking forward to mybe talking to some of you people.The show is smaller then the Fall show, but still is an OK show.

WARNING to MdWoods-Keets can put away ALOT of ice cream.image

MadMarty-There are no rafters to hide in and I don't think singing will go over to good.

Hope to see you there.

Brian
    NUMO
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello All

perhaps we can come up with a meeting place/time on Friday or Saturday to meet-and-greet each other or take a break from the floor for lunch. numobri should no all the good restaraunts. oh yeah, bring something along for show and tell!!image

al h.image
  • mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the show. It should be a good one. I hope to see a lot of you there. Mark.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file