--------T O M---------

-------------------------

Comments

• SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭
    Calling Braddick !!!

imageimage

• TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I bet they will!
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    Why not?
  • mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    is it 1891 or 1881

--------T O M---------

• Wonder what Bradick will offer if it makes it into a PO01 slab..... image
    -George
    42/92
  • poorguypoorguy Posts: 4,317
    PCGS would slab this coin. It would be perfect for a grading set. I have some that I enherited from my grandfather that are like this. I think they are cool because they have more history in them than uncirculated dollars who lived in jail cell bank bags for their entire life. This baby has lived a life.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Hey, you may have something here. I'm a Morgan PCGS registry set fanatic, and I know there are some collectors out there who try to put together "the best of the worst" sets. Get it slabbed as maybe PO01, and then sell it to one of these weirdos! image
    Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    The worse they're worn, the more they're worth.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an 1891... notice the different tops side-by-side image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Send it to me, I'll VAM it for you image
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's an 1891... notice the different tops side-by-side image >>

Good call! I see what you are talking about.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    It is a 91. I'm surprised Braddick hasn't shown up in this thread yet.
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    I bet that coin could tell some stories!

(If coins could talk, of course. Mine don't have too much to say, apparentlyimage
  • BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    What is going on in front of Ms. Liberty's eye? Is that a dig?

I'm guessing it's nicer than PO01 - probably a PO01.5 PCGS would probably sting it with a FR02.

Pat? Where are you Pat?!?!?!?
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭
    It should grade PO01. The only concern I'd have is the pockmark in front of the eye but I'd guess that it would not stop the coin from grading. It has nice rims and a even look. Nice pocket piece!

You guys don't "need" Pat, I'm here!!!!! image
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Looks pretty problem-free for such a worn coin, minus the mark in front of Liberty's eye.Whats the reverse like?
  • PCGS would slab this coin.....It would be a nice coin to add to my collection, is it for sale?

JoeCool
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I'm not seeing the reverse though, and that is KEY. If the area where the MintMark is worn away and NO MintMark is detectible... no grade.
    PCGS must be certain as to date and MM. If one element is missing (unless it is a type/date where there is no MM), No Grade.

May I see the reverse?

peacockcoins

• SarasotaFrankSarasotaFrank Posts: 1,625 ✭✭
    I have a 94s that looke like that - actually justa hair better - braddick if you're out there - it's available!
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What is going on in front of Ms. Liberty's eye? Is that a dig?

I'm guessing it's nicer than PO01 - probably a PO01.5 PCGS would probably sting it with a FR02.

Pat? Where are you Pat?!?!?!? >>

I wish PCGS would adopt grades between integers for coins worn below G-4. Much of my collection is sorted in stacks of FR-2.5, AG-3.0, AG-3.3, AG 3.5 and AG 3.7. Less than 2 is often difficult to identify, unless you go to grades below PO-1 (identifiaable by denomination, identifiable by metal, etc).

I'm one of those weirdos who might bid half a mortage payment for a PCGS coin slabbed with a negative grade.

"Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1891-O... Poor-01.

Worth at least $50 in a PCGS-01 holder... probably more.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not THAT bad of a coin. If it was a 93-s it would bring a grand easy.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is one great Morgan. Too worn out? Impossible! Send it in.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely a solid, all day long, FA02. No way it's AG03, but, unfortunutely, no way it's a PO01. Nice catch though and a text book FA02 for those that enjoy seeing what one would look like.

peacockcoins

• I'm the "weido" with the "best of the worst" Carson City Morgan Dollar set. So far I have 5 of the 13 slabbed in FR 02. There is another collector who also has 5 all in FR 02. This coin possibly has too much of "Liberty" in the crown still showing for a 2. Its a dead lock 3 and a 2 on a lucky day. Later, CCG
  • mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    what does FR stand for

--------T O M---------

• POOR PO1
    FAIR FR2
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting on some replacement freebie submission forms to arrive. Send it to me and I'll send it in. Talk about a coin with character.
    imageimage

• ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭
    Guys, come on.......I submit ALOT of worn coins and I recently got a PO01 on a 1888 that's definitely less worn than this one. PCGS is grading quite lienent on low grade coins right now. Send it in, it'll come back PO01.
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Just an update..........MRDQ contacted me about submitting it. If it indeed does get submitted.........How about a guess the grade on it? I'll come up with some sort of prize for the winner(maybe this 71S Kennedy that is a shot 69DCAM, also to be submitted on the form.), who will be chosen from all the correct entrants......no editing posts though.
    imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file