Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone have what they thought was a bad ebay transaction, but it was...

BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
The post office's fault instead? That happened to me once. I paid by paypal and did'nt receive the coin for almost 6 weeks. I went round-n-round with the seller and was about to file a complaint with ebay. I finally got it that 6 weeks later and was noted on it "found in bin." I asked the post office what that was and they said it was left in those big mail bins when they were emptied and shoved back in storage and another employee just happened to see it. Further proof that the post office was in the wrong was the envelop was postmarked just 2 days after I paid. Anyone else have this type of experience?

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set

Comments

• certifiedsilverdollar.com
    A site dedicated to the sale of rare and high MS grade Morgan and Peace Silver Dollars. All coins are graded by ICG, PCGS, NGC, or Anacs, and are priced well below PCGS values.
  • No, but it did take 5 days for a package to get to me from PCGS. I live about 70 miles away...
  • I have seen on the evening news, where they have found closets full of undelivered mail, sometimes years old, in some lazy postalman's house. He felt like taking the day off a few times, yet getting paid! Wonder how often that happens. If it had been 6 weeks in your case, why had he not filed to collect the insurance?
    certifiedsilverdollar.com
    A site dedicated to the sale of rare and high MS grade Morgan and Peace Silver Dollars. All coins are graded by ICG, PCGS, NGC, or Anacs, and are priced well below PCGS values.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Over the years that I've been in business I've shipped many thousands of packages and I've had a grand total of one screwup that was verifiably the fault of the post office.

Russ, NCNE
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once mailed a check to a client about 100 miles away. He received it exactly one year after the date on the post mark.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• ccrdragonccrdragon Posts: 2,697
    My sister sent a priority package and a standard letter to the same address on the same day. They both arrived 2 weeks later on the same day....
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • I bought a $7 coin from a guy in Washington (I live in Kansas City). He sent it priority mail--I received it 23 days after it was postmarked.
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    I think I'm in one of those right now. It's been over a month since auction close, no coin. The seller claims he sent several coins out on the same day, and all the others have received theirs already. I have no reason not to believe him, but that doesn't change the fact that I still don't have my coin.
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    The exact same thing happened to me, but I was the seller. They were Los Vegas tokens. The guy I sold them to didn't want insurance. So about 3 weeks goes by and he emails me to ask if I shipped them. I always ship the next day, so I tell him yes, they were shipped. He emails me 3 days later and the post office had found them in the bottom of a bin. It was only like $5 worth of tokens, I didn't really blame him for not wanting insurance on them. And luckily it turned out ok for both of us.
    Becky
  • JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Yes. I bought a roll of Indian Cents that took two months to arrive.

We were about to file for the insurance when lo and behold one day it appeared.

It was postmarked the day after my Paypal payment.

We ARE watching you.

• GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    My one bad postal experience is with some reference books I ordered from Brooklyn Gallery in NY. I was supplied a tracking number, and after a few days, I checked it. It first went to Pittsburgh, then Chicago, and then Mpls. (I live in Duluth, MN) So I thought it was getting close to being delivered. A week later, still no package. Checked again, and it was in Denver, then Arizona, then Kansas City, and finally back to Mpls. Finally got to my house in Duluth 3 weeks later. I called the post office, and they said they it "accidentally" got into the wrong bin in Mpls, and it shouldn't have been sent to Denver. But once it was in Denver, that is the route it takes to get back to Mpls?? Weird.
  • Never had a problem.
    J.Kriek
    Morgan Dollar Aficionado & Vammer
    Current Set: Morgan Hit List 40 VAM Set
  • I once ordered a book, and right after I ordered it, the postal service went on strike. This was a few years ago, I'm sure most of you remember the big strike.

I finally got the package, about 7 months later.
  • Purchased 11 slabs, seller placed into nice PCGS holder and sent to me. Took three days to get it out of my box since the postal worker put it into the box (had to have been with a hammer) and I could not get it out. I had to go back when the office was open to have the worker retrieve it from the box he shoved it into.
    Jim Chandler
  • lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have seen on the evening news, where they have found closets full of undelivered mail, sometimes years old, in some lazy postalman's house. He felt like taking the day off a few times, yet getting paid! Wonder how often that happens. If it had been 6 weeks in your case, why had he not filed to collect the insurance? >>

Are you sure that wasn't an episode of Seinfeld? image
    I brake for ear bars.
  • No, was in Chi-Town (and in more than one instance; they also found bags of undelivered mail in dumpsters and at the dump), probably where the seinfeld episode originated from. Although a "Newman" may have did it in New York as well.......LMAO; don't know, only get the Chicago news......right next door.
    certifiedsilverdollar.com
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    I bought a coin from a low feedback new guy on eBay 1 time and never got it. The seller told me you didn't insure it too bad so sad. (only $10 coin)
    So I'm thinking he shanked me and he's probably thinking I'm trying to shank him. Anyway it was almost 1 year to the day later that it arrived in my mailbox and it WAS mailed about 4 days after the auction ended.
    I was told the same thing, that it was left in the bottom of a bin then other empty bins stacked in it and it wasn't found until the PO happened to use that bin again.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Almost every yeara story will appear in the media about a letter, package, etc that gets delivered 30 to 40 YEARS after it was mailed and it was ound in a bag, bin or somplace like that.
  • Just last month I purchased a roll of coins off E-bay. I paid to have the items mailed
    insured. Two weeks later I had not received the coins, but I did get a call
    from a postal inspector. They had installed video Surveillance equipment due to
    items missing from a distribution center. The first day the equipment was installed
    A postal worker removed an item from the shipping envelope and placed the item
    in his pocket. You guessed it, the item was my roll of coins. He confessed to stealing
    5 to 10 packages a day. The inspector said they found over $50,000.00 in
    face value coins in his apartment.
    The good news is I will get my coins. The bad news is they are evidence and I will
    receive them after the trial. I was told it will be either some months or years before
    the coins will be returned.
    Guardian
  • rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The very first time I ever mailed a coin, it was a PCGS graded Morgan. It arrived with a shattered slab. There were tire marks and mud on the envelope. The mail carrier dropped it on the ground and a vehicle ran over it. He just put it in the guy's mailbox and left. Then the post office gave the guy a hard time collecting the insurance money, which baffles me.
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I was just about ready to give up on my xf40 42d/da board member sent back to me, it was at like 14 days and counting..showed up last night image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    let me add my postal wonder delivers the nieghbors SSI checks to me image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • HELLO! We are talking about the Federal Government here!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file