Home U.S. Coin Forum

I just blew my coin budget on a BMW

Jesus, what was I thinking. And wouldnt you know it, I found a type one SLQ today that i freakin fell in love with. But alas, the money is already gone.

On the plus side however, I sell BMWs so at least I know I got a good deal. (my salesman was me)

Comments

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get rid of the Beemer. Buy coins.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't drive a SLQ.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭
    actually, a BEEMER is a BMW motorcycle, a BIMMER is a BMW car.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Good choice. I bought one last year as my screenname would attest. Fun cars.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BMWs are great cars. In my scheme, coin money is discretionary/entertainment. Cars are more of a necessity.
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cars are more of a necessity. >>

me too, thats why I own 11.
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucy: Where do you park 11 vintage autos ?? You must have a very large garage or storage shed image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
    I park them at both of my Houses....

one home has a 900 sq ft Garage in the backyard......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    If you work on commission you could pay yourself a nice one so you could buy more coins.image
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jesus, what was I thinking. And wouldnt you know it, I found a type one SLQ today that i freakin fell in love with. But alas, the money is already gone.

On the plus side however, I sell BMWs so at least I know I got a good deal. (my salesman was me) >>

Why buy? You can just drive the dealership demos. A new one every year. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • bozboz Posts: 1,405

<< <i>me too, thats why I own 11. >>

Lucy,
    Ain't that a bit of overkill?image
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
    PutTogether: Is your new BMW "AT"? image

Lucy: According to my calculator that's approximately 5.5 cars per house. What do you do with those 2 half-cars?? image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

<< <i>

<< <i>me too, thats why I own 11. >>

Lucy,
    Ain't that a bit of overkill?image >>

hey, i need a back-up in case one breaks!

the HepKitty always has to be mobile.......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • bozboz Posts: 1,405
    O.K. I just bought a new truck today.
    I own one car

Rent a wreck is my back-upimage
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams

<< <i>I just blew my coin budget on a BMW >>

For those "Blues Brothers" Fans amongst us, I just have to ask if the cigarette lighter works?? image

Stuart

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>actually, a BEEMER is a BMW motorcycle, a BIMMER is a BMW car. >>

Never heard that before!

I must say though- I might part with some coin money to have a BMW Motorcycle like the one James Bond had a few movies back!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• LAWMANLAWMAN Posts: 1,274 ✭✭
    The Beemer is worth less the moment you drive it out of the show room.

Coins, on the other hand, won't be worth less until the current bubble bursts.
    DSW
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill tell you this coin, prices sure havent busted this month. Wait till the new cdn sheets hit the folks that recieve thier copy by mail. This month was one of the greatest across the board price increases in recent memory?

• NicNic Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?
    The porcupine has the pr!cks on the outside.

K ... M5 owner.
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't blame you for buying a BMW ...as you are a BMW salesperson. They are great cars. I'm on my third one, a 2003 - 325Ci-S. As I live in Fla, the tops down alot.

Collecting SLQ's is a passion of mine as well.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Shhhh.. my spouse wants to buy a BMW. I rather buy coins. What model did you buy?image
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    I own over 100 cars and I drive an 87 Pontiac 6000 because I don't have full coverage insurance on any of them-----------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • MercMerc Posts: 1,646 ✭✭
    Hey Nic, A M5 is a cool car. Still I'm partial to the mighty Subaru Sti. It's faster than any BMW plus you have money left over for coins image
    Looking for a coin club in Maryland? Try:
    FrederickCoinClub
    my Stage 2 SRT-4 eats STI's, take that to the bank!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭
    I got a three series.

To whoever said just drive the dealership demos........those days are unfortunately over, except for the owner and GM usually.

And Nic, an M5 is an INCREDIBLE car.
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    I'd rather drive a crap car and have a cool coin any day.

Oh, wait...I do drive a crap carimage
  • DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    I own over 100 cars and I drive an 87 Pontiac 6000 because I don't have full coverage insurance on any of them

BigE, I always drive whatever's dirty that has gas in it. I hate to waste a $100 detail to drive one home and back. image

PutTogether, I like your choice.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    I ride a horse
  • sadysta1sadysta1 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    I'm drooling and thinking about buying one myself, the new 5 series image
  • GoldfingerGoldfinger Posts: 319 ✭✭
    Gee, I blew my coin budget on lunch yesterday. Shouldn't have gotten the fries, I guess.
    small_d

e-mail me here

WINNER:
    POTD 8-30-05 (awarded by dthigpen)
    POTD 9-8-05 (awarded by gsaguy)
    GSAGUY Slam 12-10-04
  • I used to sell cars also . . . I'm with the drive a demo idea, and buying coins instead.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file