Home U.S. Coin Forum

That makes 2 of us that are miffed with an ebay transaction

ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a bit annoyed with a recent eBay transaction as well. A week ago a high rated seller put up some coins & I did a BIN 2 hours
after the auction started. A week later no coin but I get an e-mail telling me he just mailed the package. After some simple fact
checking it is obvious that he waited for all of his auctions to end so he only had to make one trip to the post office.

Lazy SOB. I didn't take a week to pay him. He got his money within a few minutes of the BIN. I should leave him fitting feedback
especially since he already left feedback for me.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Comments

• jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    I make a trip to the post office even if it is for one package. Some people/dealers have priorities and one of mine is quick shipping.
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    So what?

you got your item....

yes you paid qucikly, which is much easier then going to the Post Office....

heck, I've had things take alot longer then what you are mentioning.....

drink a Margarita!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    How much was the purchase? Some of us don't live down the street from a PO. For me, it is a 20 mile round trip. My normal mailing days are Mondays and Thursdays. I will only go to the PO on other days if I have enough to send to make it worth my while. Today was one of those days, I had four items worth about $500 to mail, so I made a special trip.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So what?

you got your item....

yes you paid qucikly, which is much easier then going to the Post Office.... >>

So what? So I gave him $50 a week ago, that's so what. And no, I still do not have my item. It will probably be here in another 6 to 8 days, 7 to 9 if you count the weekend.

If a seller offers "Buy it Now" that means he wants "money now" and I expect shipping "now" as well. Not a week later. When I auction something it's shipped the day I get paid no matter how much of an inconvenience it is. It should have been shipped within 2 days MAX.

• ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315

"I had four items "

One of those items would be for me..image
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage

• << <i>

<< <i>So what?

you got your item....

yes you paid qucikly, which is much easier then going to the Post Office.... >>

So what? So I gave him $50 a week ago, that's so what. And no, I still do not have my item. It will probably be here in another 6 to 8 days, 7 to 9 if you count the weekend.

If a seller offers "Buy it Now" that means he wants "money now" and I expect shipping "now" as well. Not a week later. When I auction something it's shipped the day I get paid no matter how much of an inconvenience it is. It should have been shipped within 2 days MAX. >>

Sounds like your whining over nothing! Some dealers on mail once or twice a week.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

One more time people- BIN. "BUY IT NOW" was used. It's ok to have my money & ship items a week later? I don't think so.

Over time I've seen plenty of sellers here crying about not getting paid for a week. Or is that different?

• ClausUrchClausUrch Posts: 1,278
    Give it a break.....You've gone forever without the item and now you need it "right away". Cut the Seller some slack, at least a lousy week. Some E-Bayers don't E-Bay for a living, it's just a hobby!
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One more time people- BIN. "BUY IT NOW" was used. It's ok to have my money & ship items a week later? I don't think so.

Over time I've seen plenty of sellers here crying about not getting paid for a week. Or is that different? >>

this probably doesn't happen eveytime....

the person shipped the item.......

it will show up soon enough... though you mentioned another 6-8 days...... geeez....

i get packages from Coast to Coast in 4 days.....

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • I'm with ms70 on this one. Simply put: It is BAD customer service to wait a week to ship. The seller could avoid any problems with this by stating he/she ships once a week (many eBay sellers state this in their descriptions).
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

I agree that it's a downer to use BIN and then wait a week or more for a shipment. Somehow BIN implies buying it now, not in a week.
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>"I had four items "

One of those items would be for me..image >>

Yep, hopefully mail is faster to Tidewater than it is to the other side of Richmond. I mailed a package there a few months ago, it took four business days to show up.
  • sounds like the seller isn't intent on providing 'good' customer service. I wouldn't neg unless product is bad, but a neutral may be in order - some folks state in their auction - "I only go to post office once per week". And it is true - a lot of folks don't live close to a post office, however this should be stated if they are going to delay shipping. Personally, when I BIN or even win, I email the Seller and state: Please ship my item immediately - and let me know WHEN it will ship out. This solves the problem of sitting and waiting and not knowing.
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    I admit I'd be annoyed if a seller did that without telling me beforehand. When I hit the BIN, it's instant gratification time. And when I paypal I expect it to come more quickly even. I understand it when it doesn't happen that way, but only when the seller has good communication with me.
  • Sounds like it's time for a chill pill. Your expectation is unreasonable. If you need immediate gratification, do your buying at coins shops, coin shows and go to auctions. image
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I go to the post office 3 times a week now. I have to go at lunchtime or on saturday. Maybe the guy works all day and can only get to the PO on Saturday!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the guy works all day and can only get to the PO on Saturday!

Or, like me, maybe works six days a week (often), without lunch breaks(always), and can only get to the post office on Sunday.
  • ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When I auction something it's shipped the day I get paid no matter how much of an inconvenience it is. It should have been shipped within 2 days MAX. >>

You're being unreasonable.

Some people can't get to the post office everyday, including me. I work, I travel - my only opportunity to go is Saturday. It has nothing to do with convenience.

Cut the guy some slack -
  • tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    I recently won an item also and this person has 100% positive feedback......no negatives, so its not rounded up like ebay does.........

Well, i paid instantly with cash paypuke and got feedback in two days. No coin for two weeks, email the seller....."I was sick" three weeks for the coin to arrive...........not cool, but I got my coin and good feedback..........so i gave good feedback as well, just described their slowness in the feedback.
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    My two cents worth. Buy it now means buy it now. The advantage to that is you do not "miss" the coin.

It does not mean shipped now.

If a selller requests immediate payment on the buy it now option, then in my opinion you have every right to expect immediate shipment.

Otherwise, his "life" may have gotten in the way and he was unable to ship as promptly as even he would have liked.

Then there is the delivery service.... wait until you see the "postmark" before jumping to conclusions.

Drink that Margarita, and make me one too!

Hope your purchases arrive safely soon, and mine too!
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • DRGDRG Posts: 817
    I think I am with the majority here.

It would be nice to have every item shipped the same day but all sellers are different. Many are part timers with full time jobs and lives.

I am a full time ER Doc that works nights, have a 10 month old son, and my wife is 6 months pregnant. I KNOW WHAT IT IS TO BE BUSY!

I am lucky to make it to the P.O every week let alone every couple of days.

I offer "Buy it Now" for people that want a coin at a given price to buy it without wondering for a week if they will win or not. I do not offer it because I want the money that day or with the idea that I will ship the item that day. With this logic every person that pays with Paypal should expect same day shipping (or they would have just sent a check).

Then there are separate events that can slow shipping even more. I was attacked in the ER by a psychotic patient 2 weeks ago (he was hearing voices telling him to kill people). He fractured my nose and I had to have surgery to repair the damage. Needless to say, my shipping has been a bit slow lately.

Bottom line, 2 and even 3 weeks is not an unusual amount of time to wait to receive an item bought online.
    (PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file