Home U.S. Coin Forum

I've heard of a blazer before, but this is ridiculous

Check out this Standing Lib in tonight's Heritage Internet Auction. I know they have had challenges with images, but this is a bit much...

1917 Ty 1 25c PCGS MS66FH BLAZER!!!!!!
Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
Current focus 1855 date type set

Comments

• mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165
    Maybe I am the only one, but I find it very funny that the "largest coin dealer in the world" has just about the worst pictures...of course that is just my opinion. image

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Look at that, it is such a blazer it washed out the image! Seriously, they need to get someone who knows how to do images.
  • EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    Since there aren't any "adult content" messages, maybe they were afraid of exposing too much.image

Ken
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    I have seen some nice Heritage pictures, but they are not the norm. In fairness, here is one of their better shots - a coin I bought last year.

Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• NoGvmntNoGvmnt Posts: 1,126
    Is that a carbon spot between the Eagles wings, or just a flash anomoly?

Jim
  • I wish these dealers would just say what the grade is! So tired of seeing "GEM" BLASTWHITE! "BLAZER"
    and my favourite "WOW!!" Give me a break already.
  • BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    Jim,
    Gold doesn't develop carbon spots in the traditional sense. No discoloration on the coin at all, so it must be from the picture.
    Tom

• Maybe they should hire Jeremy? image
    -George
    42/92
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    Thats one of the problems with large places sometimes they don't have time to retake pictures until they get a great one.
    Often thier brown copper pictures are so dark you can only see a brown disk .

Imagine how much time it would take to get great photos when you have 5,000 coins to shoot.
    If they did 200 a day it would take 25 days.

I know I can spend an hour doing 6 coins.
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine how much money Heritage would make if greattoning, TBB, Anaconda, or any of several others imaged their coins???? Of course, their poo-poo coins would also be properly imaged!!!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file