Home U.S. Coin Forum

Big Find

I've been cleaning out the garage the last few days -- trying to reduce and/or organize the huge number of boxes that we have -- and I came across a box of mine labelled "Collectibles." I opened it up, and there were a bunch of coins that I hadn't seen for years! A bunch of proof sets, my Whitman albums (which were only filled to 1991), a nice Walking Liberty coin I had bought and thought I had lost, and much more. Best of all, I found an old inventory of my collection dated 1985. I didn't start keeping good records until recently, so this at least will tell me which of my coins I had before 1985 and which ones I got after then. There's nothing too valuable, but there's so much in here that it's going to keep me busy for a while.

The downside is that I stopped cleaning up the garage to look through all these coins...

Comments

• mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you found the previously forgotten about stash. kinda like Xmas. I had a stash of coin I had put away before moving to my present location that I thought I had lost. I looked everywhere for them and had given up on them. One day i was looking in a bookcase and pulled out a binder and there they were. Amazing how you can put something away for safe-keeping and hide them from yourself.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WACoinGuy: Congratulations on finding some of your lost treasures! image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The downside is that I stopped cleaning up the garage to look through all these coins... >>

You better think up a better excuse than that. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Always nice to find a stash like that. I just found a stash myself tonight. Found most of a set of middle and late date large cents in a National Coin album in the old Wayte Raymond style holders. My only problem is I have no idea where they came from. i am sure I never bought a set of large cents.
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    My only problem is I have no idea where they came from

I sent them to you for attribution...you must have forgot...Ill pm the address to return them to image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,776 ✭✭✭✭
    Thats pretty cool!
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
    Thats great!image
    Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

W.C. Fields
  • jharjhar Posts: 1,126

<< <i>The downside is that I stopped cleaning up the garage to look through all these coins... >>

GET BACK IN THAT GARAGE, & GET BACK TO WORK YOU SLACKER!!!!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    J'har
  • MJPHELANMJPHELAN Posts: 779 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to put some coins in the garage. What a great excuse!
    Mark
  • Amazing how you can put something away for safe-keeping and hide them from yourself.

This is a major problem for me - my DH is always getting mad at me when he asks where something is and I say: I don't remember, I put it up in a safe place somewhere! I have gotten better tho - now I try to concentrate on it when I put something someplace, and have stopped hiding things quite so good - I currently still have a several items I can't find tho.
  • jasbucksjasbucks Posts: 127 ✭✭
    image LOL! I enjoyed the downside part. I feel human again!
    Jack

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file