Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone had dealings with ....

Scardinal neg/pos?
Coins, shiny coins!

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
  • AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    I won a vf seated dime from one of their auctions. The coin was accurately graded and it looked better than their pic. It was also shipped in a reasonable time. I would probably buy another coin from them. . .
    I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
  • BigGreekBigGreek Posts: 1,090
    I returned some stuff which was lost. Was out about $40.
    Please check out my eBay auctions!
    My WLH Short Set Registry Collection
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,776 ✭✭✭✭
    Very bad!

I puchased a Lincoln cent from him on ebay 4 years ago (I think it was 1916-S). Anyway, he claimed was BU but it was AU-55 at best. No way was it MS. He returned my money, but added a rather snide little note saying something about me not knowing a BU when I see one. The note was completely unnecessary (I had already left him positive feedback) so he can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • RGTRGT Posts: 508 ✭✭
    I've won two ebay auctions from him and had no troubles. Both were NGC slabbed coins though. Looking through his auctions I'd stay away from his raw stuff and keep a skeptical eye on the slabbed stuff. If he says it's PQ and should be the next grade then it's probably correctly graded.
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    He's OK on slabbed stuff, and moderns in mint packaging. Stay away from his raw coins though.
  • Don't buy anything raw from him....
  • BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭
    I bought one coin from them about two years ago. It was 1909 VDB red that said MS66. Graded 64 at PCGS. Not a bad coin, but was overpriced and was a learning experience for me. I usually look but stay away from their auctions.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a couple of raw Lincolns once NEVER AGAIN!! Like the others have said stay away from the raw stuff.

Chris
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    He sells to many sliders and cleaned material.IMHO
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up two or three slabbed coins last year.........no problems.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    I love it when forum members write things like "never buy raw from so and so,"

and in response other members like myself periodically jump on our bandwagon saying "never buy raw, period,"

and then in response some of those earlier forum members come back and write what great opportunities there are to be had buying raw coins.

I'll stick to my guns -- don't buy nuttin raw from nobody ......
    unless of course your lookin for a raw deal. imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    I brake for ear bars.
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    I'll buy raw coins from people I know to grade fairly. I usually don't buy raw coins on eBay. To say never buy raw from anyone is a little harsh. I just sold six raw Morgans, but I know they will make at least my grade at PCGS.
  • koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His raw "Mint State" stuff is usually AU or worse. Better know how to grade for yourself if you plan on dealing with these guys.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll stick to my guns -- don't buy nuttin raw from nobody ...... >>

I bought these raw (for pretty strong money):

Both graded MS67DCAM.

One closed on eBay yesterday for $1525. (Not one of mine, BTW).

If one operates by a hard and fast "never buy raw" rule, one stands to miss some excellent opportunities.

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file