Home U.S. Coin Forum

first time try at regrade..results

This is my first try at regrades or upgrades, which ever way you prefer to say it. Anyway the results where good I think

1858 dollar proof 62 upgraded to proof 63

1856 half dollar proof 64 graded proof 64 cameo

1802/1 dollar xf-45 upgraded to au-50

1892-0 dollar ms-64 did not upgradeimage
I LOVE PROOF SEATED LIBERTY COINS AND ALL BETTER DATE SEATED LIBERTY COINS

Comments

• jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    3 out of 4 is not bad at all. bummer about the 92 o

what holders did they come out of?
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 out of 4 is outstanding! Way to go!!!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Very nice! Please tell us what holders they were in.
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    75% is very impressive! Did you crack them out before sending them?
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • These where all pcgs coins, I have 4 crossovers that should be graded by today or tomarrow, they where

1868 dollar anacs ms-63 pl

1853 quarter no arrows anacs ms-62

1859 dollar ngc ms-63

1795 draped bust dollar ngc xf-45

I will be happy if these just crossover to pcgs, but I think the 1795 has a good shot at au
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    So were they sent in the pcgs holders or cracked out first?
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    koinkrazy: If they were sent in PCGS holders, were they old generation holders like Gen-1 rattlers, or perhaps old green label holders?

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • No these where all left in their holders and all where new blue. I have some in first generation and old greens, but I thought I would try these first. I don't know, I kinda like leaving the coins in the old holders, but with the results I have had here, I might try a few of the old one, but make a note on the submission slip, not to reholder them if they do not at least upgrade.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    I would say that you did very well. Especially if they were sent in holdered and not raw.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭
    Were these:

1) Undergraded the first time?
    2) Liners?
    3) Or results of loosened standards?
    4) Victims of inconsistent grading?
    5) All of the above?
  • So 75% the coins you submitted were miss graded by PCGS the first time around, I feel sorry for the poor sap that originally sent them in to PCGS and was a victim of poor grading habits. Wonder how much money he lost by trusting PCGS to grade the coins right the first time, or are they now typical overgraded/maxed out coins you routinely see in PCGS holders.
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would say that you did very well. Especially if they were sent in holdered and not raw. >>

Why does it make a difference? Pcgs cracks them out before they go to the grading room.

I doubt they will only crack them out of the old holders if they are upgrades as they crack them out before grading.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've got a good eye. Way to go!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file