Home U.S. Coin Forum

Still having fun with the camera....gold this time...

coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
Got these two pretty well imaged. The other stuff is harder to capture its look, need to work on it more...
Anyone have any tips for gold imaging?

John

Comments

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely Done! image

what you need, is an 1812 image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Those pics look pretty good already! image
    They say you need to pray if you want to go to heaven.... but they don't tell you what to say when your whole life has gone to hell.
  • FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Excellent looking pics John! image
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Frank.

The two early gold pieces (1805,1803) are not coming out like I want. One is semi prooflike and come out flat...

Ran out of time yesterday...

John
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Mirrors are best appreciated from straight on (dark mirrors) or at enough angle to get some reflection off of them. The pictures are turning out nicely.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John: I really like both the quality and the composition of your coin photos. image

Did you photograph the coins in the slabs, or prior to them being slabbed? If they were done in the slabs, they look even more exceptional, with no hint of reflected light from the slab! image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stewart,

They were both done in slabs last night. The insert in the background was not my idea, I copied that off of some of Jeremy's pics... image

As far as mirrors, the eagle that I have doesnt have strong enough mirrors to really do a "black and white" shot...

I think I need to work on the white balance some more. The light is just drowning out the yellow gold...

John
  • WOW nice coins coinlieutenant. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file