Home U.S. Coin Forum

I would like to buy a mint or proof set, so i can submit it to PCGS, what is the best approach on th

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
Ebay? What should I look for?

Other source?

Opinions?
Ray

Comments

• PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    What year? U.S. mint for current stuff. The ebayers probably buy a bunch and pick the best to keep and sell the rest.
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's a modern proof set, get any generic one--they should be 69DCAMS... an older proof set, or a mint set, should be purchased in hand so you can check the quality... some of the sets SUCK
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    What are you looking for Ray?
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking of trying to find an honest dealer with some unopened sets...Is that a crazy thought? Lately I have had some stupid decisions on my part and I'm throwing myself at the mercy of the forum image

Ray
  • Mr paseo, PM sent.
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Aethelred
    I'm not really sure, I would like a few coins (Three to be exact...well to start with) that would probably fit in our type set. I would rather not waste the free subissions on modern coins (Does that make since?). Something half way decient, not just something to send in or someone elses junk (Not implying anything here) I'm afrfraid to buy anything raw on Ebay, heck I have bad experiances with Slabbed stuff image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file