Home U.S. Coin Forum

Two questions about PCGS submissions

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
1. With the free submissions, can I send in ANY of the catagories?

2. I originally planned to send in some out of the mint sets that I have..But then that would be a waste wouldn't it?

I don't think I have anything worth slabbing image

What a world, what a world.

Comments

• nOoBiEeEnOoBiEeE Posts: 1,011 ✭✭
    I dunno but would like to know as well... Biggiddy Bump
  • I sent in a whole bunch of different things with mine. I think it is OK as long as you don't try to send in flips w/slabs.

Pick the best stuff out of your mint sets. It might very well be worth it.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent in my last 4 crossovers for my freebies today. Just got grades back from my first submission 4 out of 5 crossed.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1. With the free submissions, can I send in ANY of the catagories?image >>

Yes. I have submitted a Morgan, a $10 GAE, and a few other things for my 4 freebies.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Their submission page and form explains a lot. As Gabrielle said, stick to one type of subs (raw, or slabs, etc.).
    If in doubt, call them. I find them very pleasent to deal with on the phone.
    Anyone has got to be better than I am to deal with image

Craig
    The Rede we live by: If it harms none, do what you will.
  • MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    So I guess mixing U.S. coins with world coins wouldn't fly?image
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    Call and ask. I think you can do modern mix of World and U.S.

• MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    This is the email I got about submitting U.S. coins and world coins on the freebie submission:

"The coins you may submit free with your membership are those which can go under the Regular service level. These are US coins that are non-mint errors and valued under $3,000."image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file