Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Did anyone watch that Honus Wagner movie last night?

I think it was on TNT.

I just was able to watch about 10 minutes of it, but the part I saw focused on his T206, showed game action (with Ty Cobb), and kept going from the past to the present.

Just wondering if it was worth watching when it is shown again.

Thanks,

Keith

Comments

• Options
    rw2winrw2win Posts: 557
    Yes I watched it with my 3rd grader. We both thought it was pretty good. It is on Wed. night at 8 and 10 pm central time.
  • Options
    grilloj39grilloj39 Posts: 370 ✭✭
    I saw it...it was pretty good as well.

If am I going to ever be a movie critic well I guess tonight's the nite...he kept carrying the T-206 Wagner card in his hand, in his shirt pocket (no top loader). The dealer claimed it was in Gem Mint condition (flawless to the naked eye). Other than that, it was a fun movie to watch.
    Gold Coins
    Silver Coins

e-bay ID: grilloj39
    e-mail: grilloj39@gmail.com
  • Options
    unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    I am with Grillo -

The fact that he kept the "gem mint" card in his bare hand and shirt pocket throughout the story pretty much ruined the show for me.

It just irritated me to no end. Fiction or not. Get a card saver for crying out loud.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I will look for it on Wednesday.

Keith
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    inspired direction to create tension - will he ruin the card when he picks it up barehanded after feeding his dog water from his hands? Will he fall off his bike and crease the card in his pocket? Now THIS is high drama

Edited to add: watch out for a gutwrenching, tear jerking scene, where Wagner gets ready to SIGN the card - my wife and I both yelled NOOOO!!!!

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    The kid traveled through time, and we are worried about the condition of the card not being realistic?
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

I thought it was pretty lousy. The kid was annoying, and I could not and will not be able to take Matthew Modine seriously as Honus Wagner.

I'd recommend renting Back To The Future instead. Same basic premise.
    Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.