Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Anyone have info on this particular Honus Wagner T206?

At the Phoenix Tristar a few weeks ago there was an old guy walking around with a T206 Wagner that had a surface crease and the back was basically non-existant since it at one point had been glued/stuck to a photo album. The owner certainly didn't seem like a high dollar type collector, although he did have some other impressive vintage including some 1938 gum cards that he said were the only documented of their kind in existance (not sure what they were, but he was proud of them). I guess he was from the outskirts of Phoenix, but again, didn' seem like your typical hi dollar collector with tens of thousands to spend.

Apparently he was trying to sell it for $75K (laughable), and one dealer offered him $12,000 for it I heard while another dealer thought it might be a fake. I didn't see the Wagner myself, but he did show me a few other rarities that he was proud to brag about, although from looking at my table he should've been able to tell that I wasn't in the market for high dollar, non-mainstream vintage. He told me he had the Wagner, but when he refused to show it to me I wrote it off as a lie. Sure enough a few people walking around the show and a few dealers verified that he did have it. Anyways, sorry to ramble, does anyone know the story of this particular Wagner and what the story behind it might be?
Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com

Comments

• BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    bet it was a fake he was trying to pass off.
    IF he really wants to sell it, he needs it in a slab
    if nothing else, to veryify it is real.
    ~jeff
    imageimage