Home U.S. Coin Forum

Hey.....whats the most common DMPL??? PICs?

tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
In lower and upper grades....what is the most common DMPL (big three graded)???? I love dmpl's, so show some cool pics if you got 'em..
Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.

Comments

• StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tsacch: I'd say that the 1880-S is probably the most common DMPL Morgan followed by the 1881-S and the 1879-S. Not only are they the most common of the DMPL's but they are some of the best struck and best preserved of the Morgans.

I will display this 1878-CC which is graded PCGS MS-63 PL (not DMPL) because it's got such a beautiful cameo contrast between the portrait and the fields:

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • MercMerc Posts: 1,646 ✭✭
    The 1880-S is the most common one followed by the 1881-S. The 1882-S is much tougher. Other very common in dmpl are the 1881-CC to 1885-CC. Yep, the CC one are common! In MS65 dmpl the Carson City ones are more common the the 1880-S. They should have a strong black and white cameo. That is the norm for a carson city dmpl. I'm sure there are lesser ones out there but you really don't want them.

The later dates are not often seen with the strong cameo.

Here is an 1898 DMPL
    Looking for a coin club in Maryland? Try:
    FrederickCoinClub

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file