Home U.S. Coin Forum

can anyone here graciously post instructional steps to taking a digipic of a coin and posting on the

just want to get an idea of what's involved and what my Nimrodian brain will be up against, computer technology-wise.
USPI minimalist design collage
designset
Treasury Seals Type Set

Comments

• mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    do you have your own webspace or would you use PCGS's for storing your picture?
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • probably the latter since I have no idea whether or not I have the first!
    USPI minimalist design collage
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
    If you use PCGS's storage the file must be 50K or less. this is how I do it.

When you reply to a message hit the attach file button toward the bottom of the page. The will bring up your "upload box". this is you storage site for pics. If you have a picture on your computer already hit the browse button and find the file on your computer. hit OK. Then hit upload file button to the right, that will bring it on to the PCGS server. the file may change names to something random. highlight the file as shown below. At this point you can hit "attach file" and it will attach to your post. It will not bew visible this way but will show as a link. You can also hit "view file" which should show you your pic in another window (doesn't work for some people). Refer to second pic below.

Right click on your picture, then click on "properties" That will bring up picture three.

Highlight the address (make sure you get the whole thing) and right click and copy it. go to next pic.

Paste the address between the img's as seen below (must have the square brackets) and you should have a picture.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

<< <i>PASTE ADDRESS HERE >>

Why do I need to post my address?
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
    If you lived here you'd be home by now.
  • GTOsterGTOster Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thread Just got a camara and trying to post pic and I'm loosing my mind image lets see if this works
    Thanks 3mgoodm3 I hope it works
    Paul

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file