Home U.S. Coin Forum

We have found NNC to grade coins no differently than NGC or PCGS.

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
imageimageimage

The flyer goes on to say that they will guarantee any NNC coin to grade the same or better by ANY TPG service, w/in 30 days.

Given the slow turnaround times, I guess that's a pretty safe guarantee!imageimage

Who the heck is NNC?? What's your experience with them??
"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.

Comments

• XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Who is "we,"

as in

<< <i>We have found NNC to grade coins no differently than NGC or PCGS. >>

???
  • JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    "We" are National Numismatic Certification.

Looks like a homegrown slabber. I can only find one dealer on eBay carrying NNC slabs, so he's probably certifying his own coins.

We ARE watching you.

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flyer from R. Howard Rare Coin Gallery.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Flyer from R. Howard Rare Coin Gallery. >>

AKA howardsdirect on eBay.

Russ, NCNE
  • GoldfingerGoldfinger Posts: 319 ✭✭
    What kind of a guarantee is that? Any NNC coin is guaranteed to grade the same or better than any TPG service. The same or better...I guess that means NNC will adhere to the standards of the service that overgrades the most.
    small_d

e-mail me here

WINNER:
    POTD 8-30-05 (awarded by dthigpen)
    POTD 9-8-05 (awarded by gsaguy)
    GSAGUY Slam 12-10-04
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Howardsdirect is a distributor for NNC but they are not the graders. (Alhough they are closely associated with them.) Howardsdirct is located around Findley OH whil the NNC slabs come out of Michigan.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howards coins is out of Bowling Green Ohio. About 35 miles from me. I am thinking about checking them out tomorrow. If I go I will give full report.

M
  • NoGvmntNoGvmnt Posts: 1,126
    "The flyer goes on to say that they will guarantee any NNC coin to grade the same or better by ANY TPG service, w/in 30 days. "

And if one of their graded coins doesn't cross, what is their guarantee? Will the pay you the difference between the two grades? If so, someone could technically have them grade a Classic then walk it through PCGS and end-up making a bundle, yes?

Jim
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NNC is based in Birmingham, MI. I have had a chance to see many of his slabbed coins and have found them to be accurately graded. My own 1793 Wreath cent is graded by NNC and I have no plans to crack it out. This service deserves a look.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • NNC - National Numismatic Certification
    in business since: 2003
    holder size: unknown
    phone number: 1-866-559-2646

Site didn't work for me, but maybe a temp. DNS issue.

Craig

The Rede we live by: If it harms none, do what you will.
  • Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭
    They were grading Morgans; but none have been on eBay for awhile. Only a few gold coins now.
  • GOLDSAINTGOLDSAINT Posts: 2,148
    Several months ago Abbotts had an old colloction of Halves slabbed by NNC, which sold on Ebay. One of our other members here bought the 1815, Howardsdirect bought the 1797 and 1796, and paid big bucks. I bought the 1794,1801,1802. These went to NGC the last couple of weeks to be recertified for my registry set there.I left them in the NNC slabs, probably a mistake, they refused to re-slabbed them!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file