Home U.S. Coin Forum

My new Sweetheart...what cha think?

My new Sweetheart...what cha think?

certifiedsilverdollar.com
A site dedicated to the sale of rare and high MS grade Morgan and Peace Silver Dollars. All coins are graded by ICG, PCGS, NGC, or Anacs, and are priced well below PCGS values.

Comments

• PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    Tough coin in that grade. The pictures probably do not do the coin justice.

Out of almost 70,000 graded at pcgs only 38 made 67 and one 68.
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    I wouldn't try to sell my sweetheart the same day I got her. I'd at least wait to get sick of herimage
  • jharjhar Posts: 1,126
    NIIIIIICE

Should I post my mailing address here or send it to you in a PM!! imageimageimageimage
    J'har
  • Hmm I've got four or five of that year I'll trade you for your one image
  • Lovely...... that is all I can say is lovely.
    Alexandria Collection

It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house. - Proverbs 25:24
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, as previously stated, hard to capture a coin that nice on an image.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    certifiedsilverdollar: I'd love to see a clearer image of your 1887 Morgan. I can tell from the blurry photo that the mint luster looks exceptional, but it's very difficult to discern strike quality and contact marks from the existing photo that you posted earlier in this thread.

I'm sure that she's a beauty, and I'd like to get a better look at her! image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Hmmm... for the price of that common date supergrade I think I would prefer a lower grade semi-key. Greysheet shows 2500/2750 for that coin. With that kind of money you could buy a MS64 1896-S.
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eric: I agree with your point. I'm not one of those who will pay the huge premiums for condition census coins (Morgans, Type, $20 Gold, etc), but prefer scarce or rare collector grade coins.

Now, I have no problem cherry-picking through raw Morgans to find a possible MS-66/67 even if it's a common date like 1879-S, 1880-S, 1881-S, etc. image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file