Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor

Comments

• JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    My Trash is someone else's Treasure...
    -George
    42/92
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I have to go with AT on that one. The circle is too perfect, the blue and green swap positions between the obverse and reverse, and it's short some colors that should normally be there.

Russ, NCNE

• rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT.......image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey Don

you've posed two seemingly different questions. i like the way it looks so i guess i'd say treasure, but the AT query is a tough one for me to solve. i question it more because of the purple color that shows more on the obverse and doesn't look right to me. i'll be the first to admit that i don't really have the ability to sort the AT question out.

al h.image
  • GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    The colors climbing the devices into the recesses are a sure sign of ATed.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    neat looking coin... not sure about the toning. I would rather see the coin in person before offering an opinion.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be a buyer of this coin for any price. Don't know if that answers your question.image
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    id be the first and mayhbe the only one to take a coin like that if i could find one like that. what is the worse that happens. body bag?
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don,

Thats an AT all the way.
  • ATATATATATAT........image
    JoeCool
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I have come back to this thread 6 times to look at that coin. AT or not, I don't care. I would buy her in a heartbeat if the price were right. She is beautiful!!!!!
    Becky
  • DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    LOL....OK, I've had my fun. DorkGirl, I bought it for the same reasons you liked it. I thought it was cool looking, and I'm pretty certain it's AT all the way. The seller put it up with a $30 BIN, so I suspect he knew too. I'll let you all know what it looks like when I see it. Keets, the purple bugs me too. It also bugs me that every nick and scratch on the obverse is darker blue. Sure is fun to look at though. image

Thanks all.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin and fun to look at. Makes me feel better about buying this

fun to look at and worth melt, at least image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll give you more than melt for that, Baley...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    My gut tells me AT on the Peace Dollar, but I am having a hard time figuring out what was done to it. Could be album toning, but I'm leaning about 75% towards AT.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Baley........image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights