Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Bummer. Medal Sent to Belgium Lost in Mail......I think

We sold this medal on eBay last month. We shipped it on 3/16 via Air Post. As of today, the winning bidder has not received the medal. I had my secretary mail the item. She said that the Post Office told her Air Post was the way to go. We sent another package at about the same time to England via Global Priority, and it arrived within a week. Can Air Post take 3 weeks for delivery? I think that I will start using DHL for European shipments.

www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!

Comments

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    I sent an 8+ lb. package airpost which was not-so-happily returned after over 3 months, and even then the dates on the "notices" for pickup were 24 days after mailing.

OTOH, I've always had GPMs arrive within about 5 days, no worse than 7. In the future, I would suggest using the GPM mailers for overseas. Just drop the coin/medal in the usual padded/corrugated mailer and slip into the GPM envelope, and seal. Put something on the customs form that will not alert a "thief".... like "printer matter".

For larger numbers of coins, use the GPM box (about the size of the smaller Priority Mail box for use within the US only).
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    I would definitely avoid air post unless it's small and of low value. As Mac said, GPM is much more reliable and quicker.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image