Home U.S. Coin Forum

Parsippany Show Report from a first timer....

Went to my first show today in Parsippany and I must say it was alot of fun. I then met up with Jeremy and talked for a few minutes before I went off with eyes wide open to explore. There were soo many things going on and I was really there to look more then buy, just to get the feel of the place, how it was setup and what dealers were selling. There were soo many things to look at/through that I went dumb for a few minutes walking around in circles, forgetting that I already was at that table etc...image

After a while, I met Jeremy again at a table where I was introduced to a hilarious guy named Tom. While there, Jeremy popped out some coins, some amazingly toned Jefferson that though I did not show it, was drooling over in my mind. Few minutes after, MrKelso showed up and met him as well, another guy with a great sense of humor. I hung with them for another few minutes and walked the floor again.

I had set my mind on finding some nice toned Jeffersons but alas, it was not to be. I did end up getting a no-date Whitman Jeff. album for $2 to put my coins into. The guy selling them was really nice, even though it was $2 bucks, he treated me like I spent $10,000. Thanked me, shook my hand, the works.. image He now has a return customer!

All in all, it was a fun time, I got an idea of how things operate and felt welcomed by Jeremy, MrKelso and Tom as not just a board member but a friend. Maybe next ime I can pry some of those Jeffersons out of Jeremy's hand, but I highly doubt it.image

~ Chris

Comments

• I am glad you enjoyed your first show!
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There were soo many things to look at/through that I went dumb for a few minutes walking around in circles, forgetting that I already was at that table etc...image >>

Just wait until you go to a major show like the ANA or FUN! Glad you liked the show. I would've been there but I spent my coin $$$ at the
    WESPNEX Show on Friday.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• DaveGDaveG Posts: 3,535
    Chris,

Sorry I missed you, but I had to leave a little after 11:00.

The Tom you met is TomB, a great guy! He used to post here, but now posts on the NGC boards. He specializes in color, so talk to him about toned Jeffersons.

Did the guy who sold you the album have sandy/blond hair and a beard and was he about 6'1" or so and not skinny? If so, his name is John. He also goes to Clifton and White Plains and is a pretty good guy - very personable.

Glad you enjoyed your first show. I hope you'll come to Parsippany next month and will also come to the GSNA show in mid-May.

Check out the Southern Gold Society

• krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    It's good to hear you had a great time at your first show!

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Tom you met is TomB, a great guy!

Did you notice that he looks like Mike Brady?

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• nOoBiEeEnOoBiEeE Posts: 1,011 ✭✭

<< <i>Chris,

Sorry I missed you, but I had to leave a little after 11:00.

The Tom you met is TomB, a great guy! He used to post here, but now posts on the NGC boards. He specializes in color, so talk to him about toned Jeffersons.

Did the guy who sold you the album have sandy/blond hair and a beard and was he about 6'1" or so and not skinny? If so, his name is John. He also goes to Clifton and White Plains and is a pretty good guy - very personable.

Glad you enjoyed your first show. I hope you'll come to Parsippany next month and will also come to the GSNA show in mid-May. >>

Jeremy pointed you out but by the time I made it to TomB's table you left, I will definately see you next month, it's fun meeting board members. The guy with the album was at the first table right when you walk in, didn't have sandy/blonde hair nor beard but next month, point him out for me, I like dealing with nice people.

<< <i>The Tom you met is TomB, a great guy!

Did you notice that he looks like Mike Brady?

EVP >>

Hahah, No comment image
  • Nice Dealers Rock! Grumpy Dealers Suck! Find the nice ones, and stick with em... I've found 1 or 2 for my area shows... and I've found 1 to definately avoid at my local shows........... image But don't let the Grumpy ones ruin the experience... image
    -George
    42/92
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nOoBiEeE:

NooBiee.....just did that to see what your name rEaLlY is.

Hope to see you all next month at Parsippany and GSNA.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>While there, Jeremy popped out some coins, some amazingly toned Jefferson that though I did not show it, was drooling over in my mind. >>

So that was why you kept asking if I was selling?

<< <i>Maybe next ime I can pry some of those Jeffersons out of Jeremy's hand, but I highly doubt it. >>

Get Tom to give me Sinin's icon coin, and you've got a deal.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • nOoBiEeEnOoBiEeE Posts: 1,011 ✭✭

<< <i>Get Tom to give me Sinin's icon coin, and you've got a deal. >>

Easier said then done I think...image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file