Home U.S. Coin Forum

New Nickel

Hi. Has anyone found a new nickel? My co-worker got one on Thursday. I really liked it.
heath

Comments

• jharjhar Posts: 1,126
    I got one Friday.

J'har
  • My first two were given to me by Ken at the Balt. Show. (well he gave one to Doris and I to me) both Denver mint.

Don't know why but I got two rolls from the mint as well. Just going to let them puppies sit along with the 2 rolls of 2003's i got.

The set will be complete when the final "new" nickel comes out.

Dave

P.S. I have yet to get one in change here in MD.
    Dave
    In Laurel
    MD

Just a fist full of Dollars
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have been showing up here in NC. In an earlier thread I mentioned about going to a local bank and getting a Brinks box of 100.00 face to go though. I thought I would try to go though them an pull out (5) MS-67 coins or better to submit to PCGS under modern service and make a few extra dollars, as so many other folks do. Well, I am down to the last 7 rolls to go through, and I have not found a single coin that will holder above 66 IMO. There are just to many marks and or friction, these most likely went through counting machine's etc. Once in a while, I would find one that would meet the 67 criteria on one side but not the other.

This is the last time I do this, talk about time consuming. I love looking at coins, but not the same one over and over again.

I thought maybe I was grading a tad tight, so I went to E-bay and pulled up a PCGS-67 that is up for sale. Nope, that coin from the photo's is clearly better than the ones I am seeing in this box.

jim
  • moosesrmoosesr Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭
    I got 4 rolls from my bank here in SC and didn't find a single coin that would grade better than MS63, most would be MS60 image They almost all had many very large marks. With Nickel being such a hard material, I can't imagine what process they went through to get such large marks.

Charlieimage
  • clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Does any one know the POPs on these yet?

• Been looking for some but haven't found one. The bank didn't have any. They said wall mart had them all, (of course I couldn't find any there either image )
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Are you people finding these in change, or elsewhere?
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Elsewhere. I also got mine from Ken in Baltimore. (Thanks again Ken!) I haven't seen any in change yet.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Haven't received a nickel yet!
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    None here in lovely Southern OR.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file