Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOW do you guys post those huge pictures? PICS ADDED!

I'm trying to put up a scan of a .999 silver 4 1/2 oz. Illinois Sesquicentennial medal from the Medallic Art Co. of N.Y. issued back in 1968 and the thing is so big that I can't get the pic under 50kb for the life of me! AAARRRGGGHH!!

Mojo
"I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
-Jim Morrison-
Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com

Comments

• DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    MoJo,

The 50k restriction is only for pictures uploaded to the PCGS website. If you store your pictures elsewhere, they can be any size you like. Most web service providers give you a few megs of space for a personal website. Any good FTP program will allow you to upload your pictures to your own space and link them here. Hope that helps.

Don
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • jomjom Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have webspace I upload my pics to then simply point to it using the "picture" button above this typing box (fourth button from the left).

jom
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Load your image up to your IP web space. Be sure and save then URL. the Paste that URL into the dialogue box made from the picture icon in the reply section of a thread, It's the second or third one from the left

guess it's the fourth one
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Large pictures.............Like this....Ken...imageimage
  • mojoriznmojorizn Posts: 1,380
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

• FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Here you go - pretty medal! image

Thanks Frank and all who responded! So whaddya think? Cool medal or what? My grandfather bought 10 of these when they were released. 1968 also happens to be my birth year!

Mojo
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

• nOoBiEeEnOoBiEeE Posts: 1,011 ✭✭
    ksteel, now that's a large pic. You should spalsh some water on and take some pics as it's beading down on it..image
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mojorizn: I also have a set of Medallic Art Co. antique-finish silver medallions that my grandfather bought for me many years ago.

They were commissioned from Salvadore Dali, and are of the 12 Tribes of Israel. They are quite beautiful !!

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • My grandpa has atleast 5 of these exept they were minted in copper.Does anyone have any idea on the mitage of these?The price?
  • cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭

How much bigger do you really need to post 'em here and host 'em here?

Bill

09/07/2006
  • laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    I thought the Medallic Art Co. was in Danbury CT.. They were in '75, maybe they moved.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
    What kamehameha said! Anyone have info on mintage or current value?

Mojo
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file