Home U.S. Coin Forum

1893-cc GSA flat pack?

manlye1manlye1 Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

I know this is a question for GSA guy, does any one know what the market is on a 93-cc GSA flat pack??

Thank you,

Manlye

Comments

• JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    If it is uncirculated, almost anything you want, within reason.
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • It's worth a lot of money! image

There aren't many of these that exist, so the market price is probably relatively unknown. I personally have never seen one. Mine is a PCGS VG10, and I paid $250 for her (check her out in my signature line's link). Just the fact that yours is in a GSA flat pack makes it rare and highly prized. However, the exact price would depend on the grade. On GSAs, I prefer NGC to "slab" them, so that you don't alter the original government packaging. Up through MS62, the price would probably be around $3K-$4K. At MS63, my guess would be around $6K-$7K. At MS64, you're probably talking in the 5-figure range, perhaps $10K-$15K. At MS65, you can go "cha-ching" at perhaps around $50K-$60K.

Here is the latest info from PCGS' on-line price guide (non-GSA):
    MS62: $4K (a bit high, IMO)
    MS63: $6K
    MS64: $9.5K
    MS65: $50K
    Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    But NGC doesn't slab the GSA flatpacks in the original holders. And if it was the unique 93-CC that was holdered in the hardpack I would think it would be better if it was NOT holdered by NGC even in the holder.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file