Home U.S. Coin Forum

Photoshop Alternative

Does anyone know of a Photoshop clone or software pachage with similar capabilities that is not so expensive.

Comments

• clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Photoshop LE is much cheaper than Photoshop. I also think MS makes some software that is free and similar.
  • FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Jasc PaintShopPro8 is pretty good - can't remember how much it was, but it wasn't $600!
  • MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    PhotoImpact is under $100 and not to bad

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Photoshop Elements, under $100. does far more things than I need.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I use PhotoImpact.

• I don't know the prices of these other programs mentioned, but I'd have to recommend Photoshop Elements as well.

Since Photoshop is the premier piece of photo editing software, if you outgrow Elements you'll already know the basics of Photoshop. Again, I don't know about the others, but I've used Elements before and it has more than I need as well. I would bet it's on par with the others recommended.

Microsoft Photo Editor, which is included with most versions of Office, but not installed unless you do a complete install, and not easy to find either (I'm not even sure they give you a shortcut to it), but that's easy and nice for cropping or rotating photos, but that's about it. You start resizing things and they get pixelated or blurry. (C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedPhotoEd)

Oh, and I have Photoshop, since that's what I get from my company. It has WAY more than I need.
    David
  • Hi,

Try:

GIMP

Gnu Image Manipulation Program for linux, mac or win. Cost=free.

-brian
  • FragmentumFragmentum Posts: 174 ✭✭
    My 2¢ worth...
    I sell digital art and desktop publishing hardware/software for a living.
    'Hands down' you will get more use out of and understand how to use Photoshop Elements out of all the other programs that have been mentioned.
    Collecting ASE's, Disney Dollars, high end for type set and other shiny objects with crayola colors...
  • jomjom Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget clones and "other software". Just buy an OLDER version of Photoshop off Ebay. Works for me.

jom
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I have Elements and need to find a good tutorial for it.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file