Home U.S. Coin Forum

Nice thing I oversaw at the Santa Clara show yesterday

I was sitting at one of the lunch tables. There was a father with his son and another person. That person said hello to the father and son and asked the father if he could give a coin to the young one. Well he gave him a neat Capped Bust dime and told him a little about it. I thought that was just great!

Comments

• FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Cool - always great when the older generation gets the youngsters interested in the hobby image
  • JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    I love seeing the Nice Dealers at shows... the Grumpy Ones need to loosen up a little... wait... that must be the understatement of the year... lemme rephrase... the Grumpy Ones need to loosen up A LOOOOOOOOT! Cause they aren't gettin my business image

BTW Carl, the Kennedy arrived yesterday. It looks awesome! Thx! image
    -George
    42/92
  • We need more people like that!
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Always nice to see something like that to stimulate new collectors. I saw Wayne Herndon do that some with boxes of PCGS slabs.......nothing super rare, but nothing really doggish either....just solid grade moderns
    imageimage

• MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    That act of generosity will remain with the younster for many years. Clearly one of the nicest things we can do for the budding numismatist . Congrats to the older collector ! image
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, I loved seeing the kids on their "treasre hunt" at the Portland ANA tables. Kudos to the sponsors of thisimage-------------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file