Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hey, why isn't everyone flogging Mini-G, Santiago, Estallela, and Rios?

Just pulled these names from the espn.com article about Bonds' and others urine samples. Of course we know about Jason Giambi and Sheffield, but I never saw the other names until now.

The other players who testified before the grand jury were Gary Sheffield, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, Benito Santiago, Armando Rios and Bobby Estalella.

Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com

Comments

• NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    It's Saturday.

I only flog on weekdays.

Union rules.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    The other guys are just that, other guys. If Bobby Estallela hits 60 homers, he'll be looked at cross-eyed, too.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • KarlMalone:

I think the reason is the same as it is in powerlifting. I compete as a powerlifter and have been drug free my entire life - I don't smoke or drink either and not that it matters. One of the things they do in certain meets is they only test the winners and also those who have a coefficient that is too high - their lift in relation to their bodyweight is way off like a 600 lb bench at 198 pounds. The reasoning is that if someone is using steroids and they weight 270 lbs and they bench 350 there is no need to test them since they are not helping them that much. Usually it is done when it is very obvious - kind of like getting audited on your taxes.
    "Why is it that Superman could stop a bullet with his chest, yet he ducked when somebody threw a chair at him?"
    "
    " Go ahead and get your fancy barely visible cell phones that get the internet, play DVD's, and can speak 5 languages. As for me and my Atari cell phone it works, it weighs 7 pounds, it is 14 inches long, and it looks like I could call in an airstrike from a remote desert it is so large!"
  • JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Bobby Estalella and I went to high school together. He's always been big. And I've followed his career since the mid 90s... he ain't on the juice. If he is, it ain't helping.
    Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    who?
    Good for you.