Home U.S. Coin Forum

Okay Lincoln Guys, how about an OBW roll of 1960-D small dates?

seanqseanq Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
No pictures, but I picked it up at WESPNEX. Only one end shows the date, and that end looks like it has been tampered with. Still a pretty tight roll, though, and the end coins look nice. Maybe the dealer swapped a small date on the end?

I have a feeling any value at all will be for the roll itself. Bank information: "CENTRAL SAVINGS BANK / Broadway, 73rd to 74th Streets / New York City"

Thanks for any input,

Sean Reynolds
Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Comments

• orevilleoreville Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice roll indeed. Bank is no more as they went public some years back then was bought out by another bank, I believe Citibank.

There are collectors who buy such rolls just for the bank names on them!
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no gaurantee that the roll is all small dates.

Interestingly just a couple years ago the SD 60-D roll was the least expensive of
    all Lincoln cent rolls. Even the 2001 rolls went for more. The coins were set aside
    by many millions of collectors and just dwarfed the demand. Now, though, these
    rolls have a much higher bid. Gem rolls of these aren't especially common due to
    marking and original rolls are probably quite uncommon since mant were searched
    for the small date.
    Tempus fugit.
  • coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    I hope you didn't spend over a couple of bucks for it...1960D small date cents are very common. I have a sealed bag of them that I bought for under $100, and I have over 50 OBW rolls, none of which I spent over $1.25 to get.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Sean, I picked up a tube of gem 60D small date Lincoln's a few years back for $1.19, so not much market there. The original roll itself is the value here. Unlike the gem 60 small date tube which ran about $85.00
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file