Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about PSA's 7 Millionth card?

My Question is if PSA is grading there 7 millionth card, then how come when I recieve my cards back they are in the 11 millionth if the Wagner card was the 1st card graded by PSA with the numbers 00000001 then how come there are cards with PSA holders in over 10 million. Is PSA just making up numbers when they grade cards?

Or is this 7 million cards that were slabbed and then rest returned as miscut, not holdered, not Authentic,
It doesn't make any sense to me.

Or should it be 70 millionth, and if thats so why are my cards coming back to me with the cereal number in the 11 millionth.

1 11766682 1964 -01 H.O.F. YELLOW JESSE HAINES PLAQUE POSTCARD 6
2 11766683 1964 -01 H.O.F. YELLOW AL BARLICK PLAQUE POSTCARD 7

I'm thinking its just a publicity hype!

Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!

Comments

• Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    The numbers aren't consecutive, and if you believe that was the actual 7 millionth card, I have a bridge just down the road apiece I'd like to sell you.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    cereal # ?
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>cereal # ? >>

That is for the graded wheaties boxes.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>cereal # ? >>

That is for the graded wheaties boxes. >>

And let's not forget all those Kellogg's cards. image

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    >>The numbers aren't consecutive, and if you believe that was the actual 7 millionth card, I have a bridge just down the road apiece I'd like to sell you.<<

That doesn't make sense that they're not consecutive #s. Every card I get back are consecutively serial numbered. PSA stated that the 7th million card had the serial # 0007000000 and they were so proud, that they even called up the owner (kinda lame).
    Regardless, don't know about the 11th million designation.
    Someone clarify more clearly plz?

Eagle
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    first three digits seem to be an internal "time/place stamp", it jumps around a bit.
    Millfam shed some additional light on this in a thread about a month ago.
    had this card been in it's proper sequence it would actually have been 117xxxxx
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    That correct. Actually the 7 millionth card is a PSA 2 1962 Topps BB Choo Choo Coleman card.image
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!