Home U.S. Coin Forum

tonecoin2003?

I've caught the "tone" bug. I like a coin offered by "tonecoin2003" on eBay. He or she seems to be legit. I don't want any "AT" coins. Have any of you worked with this seller?

BTW, thanks to this forum, I was able to type the above paragraph. Two weeks ago, I wouldn't of had a clue.image

Comments

• PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    If its raw its probably AT.
    Can you post picture or a link?

You can put tonecoin2003 in the search box and will find many threads.
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He or she seems to be legit. >>

what makes you think this is so?
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Occasionally there will be a PCGS/NGC/ANACS coin in the lot--probably coins he uses to "perfect" his techniques. Nearly everything he sells is blatantly AT.

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • OldnewbieOldnewbie Posts: 1,425 ✭✭
    I'll try.

null
    did you check and see what the negative feedbacks are all about?

You may want to stick with PCGs/NGC slabb'd toners..........
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
    Ok, hold on, I didn't want to ask about tonecoin2003, I know he's a rip. Damn, I hate computers. I meant to ask about "greattoning". Here is the link.image
    Text
    Sorry about the wild goose chase, I'll get the hang of this yet. I had that other clown in my watch list from a while back and got mixed up. I'm not an "Oldnewbie" for nothing.
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    This seller is mainly selling coins for other people. I have never bought from him as I dislike dealing only in checks and money orders with eBay.
    I do not care for the fact that you have no idea who the real seller is so the potential for shilling is there.
    The coins do look nice image
    Thanks, Placid, you have a point. The coins look legit. I'll keep looking.
    BTW, Lucy, thanks for looking out for us dummys. Is that a 65 or a 66 'Bird? Nice.
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW, check out those shipping charges.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!

<< <i>Is that a 65 or a 66 'Bird? >>

its my 64 Bird...

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    Wow, I missed that one. Nice car. I hope there is no penalty for taking a thread off topic......image
    The 79-S is a legit endroller. The ToneCoin2003... is another ToneCoin special...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

<< <i>WOW, check out those shipping charges. >>

those are pretty darn high...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"

<< <i>The 79-S is a legit endroller. The ToneCoin2003... is another ToneCoin special... >>

Thanks, I thought the 79-s was OK, but I needed backup. I've only been back in the hobby for a couple of weeks and have been burned twice. I owe you people for your help.image
  • nOoBiEeEnOoBiEeE Posts: 1,011 ✭✭
    Check out this one... Toner. After about $60, I was out..

<< <i>

<< <i>The 79-S is a legit endroller. The ToneCoin2003... is another ToneCoin special... >>

Thanks, I thought the 79-s was OK, but I needed backup. I've only been back in the hobby for a couple of weeks and have been burned twice. I owe you people for your help.image >>

Plus, PCGS rarely gets those wrong
    Thanks all, I'm gonna' get that Morgan.image
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

those are pretty darn high... >>

So if you got let's say a coin for 150.00.... it would cost 13.00 for s/h/i..... WOW
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!

<< <i>

<< <i>

those are pretty darn high... >>

So if you got let's say a coin for 150.00.... it would cost 13.00 for s/h/i..... WOW >>

I suppose one needs to factor that in to the price. I bid as much as I wanted to taking in to consideration the S/H charges. Oh well.....
  • JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Hmmmmm.

I don't think you're old, and I definitely don't think you're a newbie.

We ARE watching you.

• FragmentumFragmentum Posts: 174 ✭✭
    I LOVE toned coins and have a number in my type set, and elsewhere. Met a new contact today at the South Shore Coin show in Milwaukee with some dynamite slabed Morgan's. A bit pricey for me on most of them. The Jefferson nickel here is still a bargain with these rainbow colors. This would be a great coin to own!
    I'm still trying to get better digital photos of mine.
    Go for it!
    Collecting ASE's, Disney Dollars, high end for type set and other shiny objects with crayola colors...

<< <i>Hmmmmm.

I don't think you're old, and I definitely don't think you're a newbie. >>

I'm 49, and I started to collect coins when I was about 10 yrs. old. I had a bunch of fun working the local golfing arena for lost balls and spending the cash on coins from a local dealer. I quit collecting about 1989 to focus on other things. I thought I would pass the collection on to my kids some day. In 1990 the collection was ransacked and sold to lowlifes. I say ransacked as they left me with a shell of my original stuff. I could not bear to look at what was left until about 6 weeks ago. Hence the name "Oldnewbie". I need help in my quest of restoring my collection back to what it was. So here I am!image
    OK, then I was right.

Welcome to the forums.

You just seem considerably more astute than most newbies.

We ARE watching you.

<< <i>
    You just seem considerably more astute than most newbies. >>

I wish. In my first two dealings on eBay I purchased a "MS60" 1890-CC that turned out to be AU50 at best. I also bought a counterfeit Trade Dollar.image I'm happy to have found this place.image
    How do you know the Trade Dollar is counterfeit?

We ARE watching you.

I didn't even read the listing. The guy said ( in so many words) that it was fake. I got caught up in a frenzy and paid 155.00 for a fake. I took the thing to a local dealer and he confirmed it. In the future, it just might be my most cherished coin. It taught me a lesson about eBay, and myself.image
    Wanna see a bizarre Trade Dollar? This one is for real. Trade Dollars were frequently smuggled out of Japan in junks carrying tar. They would dump the dollars into the tar barrels, and fish them out later and clean them up. Occasionally you come across one of these "tar dollars". Here's mine. (Nothing you would want to include in a nice type set, but still historically interesting):

imageimage

We ARE watching you.

That's way cool. Are there many CC "Tar Dollars"? I would love to get one some day.
    This is the only one I've ever come across, but other collectors on this board have reported seeing them on occasion.

We ARE watching you.

That's the kind of stuff that fires me up. The off the wall, weird stuff. I like it.
  • No doubt about it - "shake & Bake". Buy n' try to get it slabbed and see what happens.

Bodybagged for AT! image
    Alex in Alaska
    Collecting Morgans in Any Grade
  • mommam17mommam17 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    oldnewbie- Oh my gosh. I`m also 49 and I started when I was 14. I sold most of my collection in 1990. I started in 1998 to build it up to where it once was and I`m loving it. God luck!!!

<< <i>oldnewbie- Oh my gosh. I`m also 49 and I started when I was 14. I sold most of my collection in 1990. I started in 1998 to build it up to where it once was and I`m loving it. God luck!!! >>

That's a neat parallel. I'm going to hunt gold next. A 2.5 Indian and a Saint Gaudens. Time to pony up.
  • mommam17mommam17 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    The first thing I did when I came back in 1998 was trade in a modern gold commem set from the 1984 Olmpics for a St. Gaudens. I had to have one!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file