Home U.S. Coin Forum

What should I change my icon to?

mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
I have been playing with my pics, looking for a new icon that more accurately shows my interests, IHC's.

Here's a couple of samples:

coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section

Comments

• TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    #2 is pretty cool and unique.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • I'll second that.
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll second that. >>

Nice pun image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • rdunnitrdunnit Posts: 340 ✭✭
    How do you change your icon to a picture of your own?
  • TayTayTayTay Posts: 465 ✭✭
    I've always thought that the originality of the one you use now made it pretty cool...but if it doesn't match your interests, my vote goes for #1.

<< <i>How do you change your icon to a picture of your own? >>

You can upload a pic one day a month, usually on the 15th, unless that is a weekend (I think). It's done on your profile page. Use the search feature and you probably find several threads about it.
    "What are you putting that tape on your nose for?"
    "Exactly."

• CaptainRonCaptainRon Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
    Number 3, Especially if it is on a 1864, or even better, of a proof 1863 image

By the way I'm still trying to figure out what your current icon is. To me it looks as if someone took a picture of a ghost through a keyhole. I have been meaning to ask for a while but...

Ron
  • razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    You shouldn't change your icon at all. The one you have is unique.image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • #2 all the way, that one's coolness

-George
    -George
    42/92
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your current icon coin just fine.
  • BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    Mark,
    Your current one is unique!
    I admit, tho, that when I see your name, I think of Campbell's soup, and the little "mmm good, mmm good..jingle runs thru my thoughts."
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,776 ✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, I love your current icon (irradiated Buffalo nickel) and wish I could do something similar.

If you no longer collect Buffalo nickels, why not irradiate a Indian Head Cent and use that as your icon?
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    Thats using your noodle...image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Would be interesting to try to get an Xray of an IHC. I'm not sure if it has enough relief to show up well. The variation in thickness is what makes the Xray work. The buffalo nickel is a pretty high relief coin.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I will also be making a radical change in my icon to this one:

I hope everyone will still be able to recognize me. image

Russ, NCNE
  • ERER Posts: 7,345
    Mark,
    I like your very first icon, some sport figure, wasn't it?image
    Second thought, the indian head (#1) is better.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    My very first icon was a basketball player with a big fro. Second, I started using the toxic waste symbol, but found out that bubblehead was using it. Then I used the green bus until I could upload my own. I have had the Buffalo Nickel ever since. maybe I wil keep it or try to get a shot of an IHC. I added those pics onto my signature line for now.
  • A neutron irradiated Merc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file