Home U.S. Coin Forum

What type of slab is this?

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

Is this one of those home made slabs or is it actually from a grading company?
Ray

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Yep, homemade. It's a Coin World slab. Centsles, right?

Russ, NCNE
  • Definitely a Centles! I've bought several coins in these slabs and returned them because they were clearly recolored....they looked so unnatural.
  • JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Ray, you are hereby forbidden to spend ANY money whatsoever on coins or paper clips unless I approve of it first.

We ARE watching you.

<< <i>returned them because they were clearly recolored....they looked so unnatural. >>

And, why did you think they were in these slabs to begin with? Centsles won the PCGS world series of grading in the dealer category. If the coins didn't have problems, they'd be in a grading service holder, instead of a Coin World holder labled "genuine".

Russ, NCNE
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Russ,

<< <i>Centsles, right? >>

Yupper, I wasn't interested in buying it, just surfin Ebay and saw the picture, never saw a green slab before.

JohnZ,

<< <i>Ray, you are hereby forbidden to spend ANY money whatsoever on coins or paper clips unless I approve of it first. >>

Yes mr Alien, anything you say Mr. Alien (Slowely backing away from the keyboard) image John What is your specialty anyway?

I hate it when I don't proof read...image Even more when I do and then still miss miss spelled words... image
  • mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Russ,

<< <i>Centsles, right? >>

Yupper, I wasn't interested in buying it, just surfin Ebay and saw the picture, never saw a green slab before. >>

I saw a green one once....it wasn't supposed to be though...an ACG holder with a Lincoln cent in it , ms 70 i think it read.

guess they missed the total coverage of PVC damage! image
  • www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • He calls it MS-64 RD. Looks more like MS-64 PINK.

So, if this guy won the World Series of Grading, yet he calls that doctored piece of crap MS-64 RD, then he is publicly announcing that he is a lying scam artist. What a friggin' buttmunch. Where's the "coin doctor posse" when you need them???
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!

<< <i>What a friggin' buttmunch. >>

That sounds like something Marty would say. image

He had an 1866 Two Cent Piece in one of these holders a while back. I eMailed and asked if it would grade at PCGS, and he was right up front with the answer - no.

Russ, NCNE
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,776 ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of saying "Certified Genuine" it should say "Certified Cleaned".
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file