Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

milwaukee purchase

I went to the show in Milwaukee today and picked up this Mexican 50 centavos for my type set of Maximilian era coins from Mexico. I'm still on the lookout for a nice 1 & 5 Centavos, and a 20 peso gold. The show had a pretty decent selection of world coins, and it was only my lack of knowledge kept me from buying several coins. There were some very nice, and rather cheap, Philipine coins that I had trouble making myself say "no" to.

Collector of Fractional Gold; gold tokens from Canada, California, Alaska & other states; gold so-called dollars, and other oddball stuff.

Comments

• Options
    Nice one Andy.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    I bet that one will look nice next to the 1 Peso from last year! image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    good catch!!
    shep
  • Options
    Thanks. The image is a little over exposed, I should redo it. I think I'll probably upgrade this one at some point. It looks better than any I've come across so far, and although it was cleaned at some point and is retoning, I couldn't pass on the price. The 50 centavos are alot harder to find than the 1 peso coins.
    I have a feeling it'll take forever to find a nice 20 peso gold. I've seen two in the last year; one on ebay with too crappy of an image to check against known counterfiets, and the other at the Fun show with ugly gold test scratches.

Nice of you to remember my 1 peso from last year. That one is turning out to be a really nice find, as I've yet to see another come even close to it in quality. In fact, this is very interesting.... which do you like better? Mine or this one in the same grade on ebay image
    Collector of Fractional Gold; gold tokens from Canada, California, Alaska & other states; gold so-called dollars, and other oddball stuff.