Home U.S. Coin Forum

Crossover to PCI or ACG

If I sent this coin to PCI or ACG on a crossover submission, do you think it will come back MS60?

JoeCool

Comments

• K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
  • No. MS62
    Not to insult anyone, but who's the dummy that paid $16 + postage both ways to slab that? image
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Why would you insult a lovely old coin like that by having it entombed in ACG plastic?
    imageimage

• JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    I don't know... but I want that Morgan... image It's PRETTY!!!! image
    -George
    42/92
  • Who, in all that is holy, sent that coin in to be slabbed ???!!!
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it was in Grampas cigar box when Junior got it and he wanted it to remain as it was forever? Dunno why, but I like that coin. Woulda thought it would at least get higher than F12..................IMHO.
    imageimage

Perhaps whoever submitted it thought it was a O/CC.
  • Not a chance. That coin IS CLEARLY a max of AU55!
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • The original owner, who sent the coin to get certified, said that the coin was in a GSA soft pack. He thought it would be neat to send it to PCGS to have graded and have the GSA on the holder. He didn't know that PCGS would only put the GSA on its holder from the hard pack GSA Morgan's. So yes he lost out on the cost of the submission and shipping.
    JoeCool
  • I love the coin too, and want it for my circ date set...but slabbing that went just a bit too far....
  • BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭
    ACG MS65PL, PCI AU55
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • I'm really confused here ?? I put up a pic of an 1857 FE that i have, and most everybody said it would get body bagged by PCGS if i sent it in because of some minor damage. Now i see this Morgan that looks like a pocket piece and it's in a PCGS holder ??!??

What the ???
  • JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    Hey joecool, would it happen to be for sale? image
    -George
    42/92
  • I'm sorry it's not. The more I look at it, I do have to agree, even dough it only graded a F12, it's original and pretty.
    JoeCool
  • PCGS:F12
    NGC:F15
    ANACS:F12
    ICG:F15
    PCI:VF20
    ACG:VF25
    NTC:EF40
    SGS:AU50
  • No it would be ACG PR69 DCAM and PCI MS68 DMPL..........image
    coconut

Leave a Comment