Home U.S. Coin Forum

Hey Lincoln guys, what is a OBW 1943-P Lincoln roll worth???

MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
Just came from an old collection into my buddies coin store...
It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are scary to buy since so many have rust and tarnish. This one looks clean
    so it should go for close to bid or a little more. These are "common" in gem so it takes
    a remarkable coin to command a large premium.
    Tempus fugit.
  • JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    I'm not a Lincoln expert Marty, but I've found that these rolls can run the gamut of grades like no other.

It all depends on what you've got in there. I would expect to pay around $100 retail for one in MS67, and up to $250 retail for one in MS68. On the other hand, I wouldn't even spend $5 for one that is even slightly corroded, and you know how easily these issues corrode, even if they were all in a very high grade when they were originally wrapped. You can do the math.

This is just my opinion, based on seeing three of these OBW 43 rolls opened by a dealer friend of mine.

We ARE watching you.

• mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    $2.17 per roll including shipping ....i'll send you my address so you may send it ....upon its arrival, i'll get a check out to you!image
  • melikecoinsmelikecoins Posts: 1,154 ✭✭
    Hey Marty
    I have opened and closed a few rolls and this one looks like it has been opened and resealed.
    Is it tight, or loose?

If loose then no doubt it's been looked at before.
    Still you may get a 66 or 67image

Glen
    I don't buy slabs I make them
  • coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    Last OBW roll of these I bought was a couple of years ago. It cost me $40. I haven't looked at the prices lately, but I would imagine around $50-$55.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    I would think Chuck's estimate is pretty close.Especially looking at the end coins.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • These have been going for 70-100 dollars on ebay.
  • clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    They can run as much as a few hundred on Ebay if they do not appear to be corroded or rusty and are OBW from 1943. I would buy nice OBW's all day long at $50. A single MS67 can sell for $75 and usually when you get a nice roll the gems abound. The big problem as people have pointed out is that its a crap shoot. Rolls can come rusty, or loaded with spots or worse yet, not OBW. The paper on that roll looks more like paper from the 50's than from the war so I would be suspect. Marty, honestly I would open it and see what you get. If its a nice roll you may be in hog heavean and if its a bad roll you still will get $50 bucks for it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file