Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Mint to start selling 2004 silver quarter sets Monday, Apr 5...

First time they have offered the silver quarters by themselves. Priced at $23.95.

Comments

• Options
    I may be all wet, but I think the reason they are doing this is because the Silver 11 coin proof set is going to cost $37.95 and the mint recognizes that many people buy it for the Silver quarters.
    Gary
  • Options
    I got the same impression that the price was about to go up for the full set because of the $23.95 price for 5 quarters. Wow, that's almost 9/10 of an ounce of silver and we all know the Mint values it's silver at a lot more than melt.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I wonder then.....

Since so many people do buy for the quarters, will this mean a potential for a lower sales volume of the entire Silver Proof Set?
    If so, is it a good speculation move to buy more than a few, or, since the quarters will already be available and separated, will it depress the price of the proof set?

What do you folks think????

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    i dont see where this is a good bet. with a collectors mind set , you wont have the whole set in just 5 set coins. you might as well just pay the xtra 6 bucks and get the whole set. i have whole sets and surely wont just start getting the 5 coin sets. on the other hand the clade sets i do just have the 5 coin sets and not the whole set.i hope iam makeing sense. any thoughts on the pros and cons of the mint starting mid stream... i would like to hear your thoughts.imageimage
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt for the evening crowd to chew on

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    how about all u experts
  • Options
    ttt still looking

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file