Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Third party grading submissions

Can someone recommend a dealer who can submit an item to PSA for grading? I've been in touch with a few of PSA's authorized dealers, but they only handle third party grading submissions of you consign the item to them.

Thank
Jim

Comments

• Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    strider;

Welcome aboard!

Question on your request... why not submit yourself? Almost any dealer will charge you a mark-up for the priviledge of using their membership.

I'm sure that a collector on this forum may offer up their services if you live nearby! Good luck.
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Jay at qualitycards.com
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    Well, I could join the collector's club, but I have no real interest in graded cards, so I really don't think it's worth it for the free grades that come in the package. I'm sure a dealer would add a mark up, but it'll probably be less than the $100 club fee and the $50 grading fee. Also, with a third party, especially a dealer, there'd be some accountability in case it was lost or damaged.

To be honest, I'd really like to just do the walk through thing at a show and get it back in 2 hours, but I'm not sure if they offer that for tickets, and I don't know of any shows big enough around NYC for PSA to offer the service for. image

theBobs, I'll drop him an email. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Jim;

Point well taken... you will definitely save some money over the $100 membership fee!

Good luck with the tickets.
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Jay is rock solid. If he can't help you, he will point you in the right direction.
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Join the club.............if not psa will be at the fort wash show at the end of this month, u can do it there.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    THEBOBS - As always thanks for the recommendation.
    Jim contacted me and I told him I have never submitted tickets for grading and that they have to be done on a seperate invoice then my usual submissions of cards. Plus he would get killed w/ shipping expenses having to pay 4 times...
    1) from him to me in PA
    2) from me to PSA in CA
    3) from PSA back to me
    4) & from me back to him.
    I recommended a CC membership which isn't that much when you consider the comp grades and such, plus in sending directly to PSA, you don't have to worry about excessive handling...just you & PSA is involved...jay