Home Q & A Forum
Options

Why are You Dragging On about PNG

David,

It's getting downright childish the way PCGS is handling the loss of the paid PNG endorsement. I have to admit that the CW ad was not needed. I'm beginning to lose some respect for PCGS because you will not let the matter die. It's a PAID endorsement and we all are aware of it. To continue to drag this non-issue out will only hurt PCGS. Next year just bid one million for the endorsement, if thats what is important to you.

The endorsement in no way means that PCGS is less of a firm because the bid was not high enough. What you are doing can only hurt PCGS in the long run if this childness continues. The endorsement had no implications that NGC is better than PCGS. I doubt that NGC would take it this far if they lost.

There's next year and I see no reason why you can't get past this non-endorsement. It goes to the largest bid, not the quality of grading. Just let it go, many people are tired of hearing about it and most could care less whether PCGS or NGC received the contract. PCGS is #1 with or without a PAID ENDORSEMENT.

Tom
PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Hi Tom,

We had mixed feelings about doing the public announcements and ads. We knew it would look like sour grapes to some, and sure enough, we have received some negative responses/comments/letters, etc.

But we felt this endorsement would be trumpeted for more than it is...probably by the TV sellers...and we wanted to be sure everyone was aware it was a paid endorsement. So we did the announcements and ads...for which we have received some heat...but we were able to get the word out about the whole deal.

Thanks for your comments...and I agree with part of them. It was a pretty complex situation.

David