There once was a place called
Camelotimage

Comments

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    What channel?
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I would say Channel #5, but that a perfume.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    Went to the show today. The traffic is light. Talked to some dealers and everybody told me that it is a good show with lots of wholesale transactions. They wish the retail business could pick up tomorrow (Saturday). Indeed, some dealers has left the show and went home.

Saw the two NGC MS65 1795 dollars (2 leaves and 3 leaves). They are mind blowers. Hard to believe the 18th century dollar coins with such kind of condition. For the 1895 PR69DCAM Morgan dollar, the contrast is not very strong. Well.... it is in an NGC holder.

I believe everybody is ready for tonight's Superior auction. Watch out the colorful Oregon half. The bid is $1300. Many dealers guess it will went over $15000. Some said at least $20,000.

I did pick up two coins, an 1838 half and an 1869 two cents. Since they are above average quality, I have to pay well over ask to get them......

an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭
    I was at the show all day Friday. I thought traffic was brisk 10am - 2pm but slowed down considerable at 2pm. Perhaps it slowed earlier but I was so bausy I didn't notice. I was fortunate that I found 1 coin that I have been searching for for years - a 1793 Liberty Cap Cent - AG3/G4 obverse with a PO01 reverse. Very nice S-14 variety with no problems and nice color - how rare is that? That 1 coin made the show for me.
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file