Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ACG/NGC Crossover Results

jmcu12jmcu12 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭
Before you all start laughing......I think I did fairly well!

1883CC - ACG 64PL now NGC 63PL
1881CC - ACG 64PL now NGC 63
1921D - ACG 64 now NGC 63
1998s Matt: ACG: 68 : NGC 68
Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014

Comments

• Options
    Let me guess.......April Fools??

www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    Actually these, to my great relief, are real!! image
  • Options
    CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

• Options
    If those are real, then congratulations!! Looks like you bought the coin and not the holder. Nice cherrypicking!! I just bought an ACG MS-64 early Canadian Dollar. It looked good from the scans, but we will see when it arrives. It will get crossed at NGC....I hope. I'll let everyone know what it comes back as.

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    You're happy? You lost a point on three out of four coins, and on one not only the point but the PL designation.
  • Options
    LAWMANLAWMAN Posts: 1,278
    Uh Oh, how does this impact the lawsuit?
    DSW
  • Options
    You're happy? You lost a point on three out of four coins, and on one not only the point but the PL designation.

K6AZ, we are assuming that he did NOT pay real money for the ACG coins. As a general rule, they are trading at a large discount in my recent experience.

• Options
    I know that, but why waste the time? Why not just buy the coins properly graded in the first place?
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    let's hear what he paid for the coins then pass judgement.
  • Options

<< <i>I know that, but why waste the time? Why not just buy the coins properly graded in the first place? >>

Thrill of the hunt I suppose. Besides, They've been freed from the evil clutches of AH and placed in a respectable home imageimage
    Dan

My quarters:
    Silver
    Clad
    Statehood
  • Options

<< <i>Thrill of the hunt I suppose. Besides, They've been freed from the evil clutches of AH and placed in a respectable home >>

True. But even if you get coins like this at a discount, by time you take the grade loss, then pay the cost to grade plus postage both ways, do you really come out ahead? I guess if you got the coins for under 50% of market for the grade maybe, but I have typically seen CC Morgans in ACG holders go for more like 80% of greysheet.
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    TOO much risk for me, I tried an ACG coin once, never again. (I was able to return the IMO, misgraded coin)

• Options
    JadeRareCoin: No, I did not pay the price as shown on the ACG holder. The 83CC and 98s were actually my coins that I had put in ACG holders. This was before I knew how evil they were. The other two I did not pay those price levels.

And I wanted to get them all out of ACG death traps. The PL on the 81 I dont agree with, I will post a pic and let you guys chime in, the rest I am happy with. I only paid 63 for it anyway.
  • Options
    AND, I have learned my lesson where ACG is concerned. Unless the coin is drop dead gorgeous, I will avoid at all costs!!!!
  • Options
    Well, that explains why they weren't grossly overgraded, you were an unknown submitter.

Still, four less coins in their plastic is a good thing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file