Home U.S. Coin Forum

Spot Prices

As of 8:40 a.m.

NY SPOT:
Gold - $431.60
Silver - $8.16
If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
1987-C Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Comments

• trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a good day for the precious metals. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Well what can anyone expect with jimmy carter as president? It's 1979 after all isn't it?

Rgrds
    TP image
  • barberloverbarberlover Posts: 2,228 ✭✭
    Looks like my small investment at a recent local show in 1- m.s. 65 saint when gold was closer to 400 an ounce is paying off.

I had the chance to buy 3 pcgs 65's for 3325, but instead I only bought the best of the 3 for 1125, oh well.

As I Said in my thread early in March, I think people are voting on a recovery financed on bad debt by buying precious metals.

Oh, and if you would say it's not our economy but rather the decline in value of the U.S. dollar I would ask you what other then our exploding debt and as a result lack of confidnce is causing the first real strong run in metals since the Hunt brothers fiasco more then 20 years ago ?

Les
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
    Oh, and if you would say it's not our economy but rather the decline in value of the U.S. dollar I would ask you what other then our exploding debt and as a result lack of confidnce is causing the first real strong run in metals since the Hunt brothers fiasco more then 20 years ago ?

Les >>

All of the aforementioned plus additional things like a struggle to control oil. And we saw yesterday that it's not going to be controlled without a real fight. In the meantime, we're all in good shape and it's going to get even better.

Rgrds
    TP
    Debt is at :

I put the debt counter ( click on it to see how much you owe today, it started at 21,140, end of july 2003) on the home page of my website AND I put a movie from Lew Rockwell there as well which illuminates what the federal reserve does.

Rgrds
    TP
  • barberloverbarberlover Posts: 2,228 ✭✭
    ttt,

I'm begining to wonder if I should put my 401 K in a combo of bonds & tbills.

The so called economic recovery strike me as the story of the Emperor who has no clothes. Exploding debt, exploding fuel prices etc...

Les
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of 4:45PM CST

Gold $425.90 15 Year High !!
    Silver $8.09 (Significant in that it closed in NY over $8 an ounce) 16 Year High!!

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Up $.20 in one day. Wow.
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file