Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

OT - Look what the US Mint is doing!

LINK TO STORY

EDITED TO STATE THE FOLLOWING:

I printed a copy of this and took it to the coin shop today. The owner of the shop thought it was very funny and faxed it to a few other dealers. It seems that not all of them understood that this was only an April Fool's joke and have passed it on to other dealers.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT NONE OF THE STATEMENTS MADE IN THIS ARTICLE ARE TRUE, THIS IS AN APRIL FOOL'S DAY JOKE AND NOTHING MORE! Those who have been quoted here have had no part in this. It was written by me and is entirely my responsibility. The article is hosted on my website and is in no way endorsed by Yahoo or any other outside source.

I apologize to anyone who may have thought the information contained in the article was valid news, IT IS NOT!

The US Mint is not going to re-issue any rare date coins. No 1964 dated Peace Dollars or Franklin Halfs have been found. There is no need to call the US Mint, news organizations or rare coin dealers.

Again I apologize to anyone who took this serious and thank you in advance for your understanding.
If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
1987-C Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Comments

• AvarelAvarel Posts: 143 ✭✭
    April fools!
    Chirsto duce vincamus

Pro Deo Et Patria
  • mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    Joe
  • I forwarded that to several members of our coin club, Lets see if anyone figures it out.

Bob
    I like Ikes!! But I especially like Viking Ships, Swedish Plate Money, and all coins Scandinavian.
    imageimageimageimageimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Very definite PTOD material here!!!

imageimageimage
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I'll bet David Hall had fun with that one. image
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • are you backpeddeling just a bit?? What happened, Secret Service give you a call. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>are you backpeddeling just a bit?? What happened, Secret Service give you a call. image >>

It went a little too far!image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • I don't get it ... which is the April's Fool joke?

The Yahoo news article or the first post?

• Four of the five club members that I e-mailed it to thought it was great, and figured it out in the first couple sentances. The 5th guy thought it was real, and still thinks that it is real. It should be fun this weekend at our local coin show.

Bob
    I like Ikes!! But I especially like Viking Ships, Swedish Plate Money, and all coins Scandinavian.
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Wow, Dead King!! It's a good thing you're just dry bones, because between the civil and federal charges, oh, you could be in Folsom whistling the blues for ,well, let's just say a long, long time. image

Fantastic parody, though!!! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image