Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Silver closed $7.91...........

Is tomorrow the day it breaks $8.00, or will we see resistance?

I recently went long........... image
Cam-Slam 2-6-04
3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
4 "YOU SUCKS"
Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
Seated Halves are my specialty !
Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
(1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image

Comments

• Options
    All I know is that it keeps from buying Silver coins that are not tied to numeric value. I call it a pain in the ass.
    Dave
    In Laurel
    MD

Just a fist full of Dollars
  • Options
    $8 tomorrow image
    JoeCool
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me that $10-14/oz is not too far down the road. I wish I owned more silver. Has a much better leverage factor than gold.
    100 oz. Silver bars were selling strong at the last show I attended.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭✭
    ...thanks go to W. Buffet/Birkshire Hathaway?
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm not going to take a position either way here, but this talk of silver reminds me of one of my favorite youthful numismatic experiences - the somewhat eccentric family of a childhood friend of mine knew I was a budding coin collector, and suggested I should go through their $1000 face bag of silver dimes for them. Armed with some fresh Whitman albums, I did just that. Such fun to look through such a wealth of old coins, for a young (12) collector. Picked out a few common CC Seated dimes - not more than 2-3 of these in the bag - a number of S mintmarked barbers - nothing key date tho - and most interestingly, was able to fill out the entire Merc album, except of course for the 16-D. That, I knew to look for. I was suitably pleased at rescuing about 2 21-P's and one '21-D. Most all the pieces were well-worn, no near uncs, but no slicks either. The 21's were all decent G-4s.

But I wouldn't be surprised, if I could make that search again, to see that I'd missed an overdate somewhere!
  • Options
    I think profit-taking will happen tomorrow, and silver over $8 by Friday.
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file