Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Need Advise

I have a strange story. I sent in a 8 card submission. 2-Elway rookies, 1-Marino rookie and 5-Tony Dorsett cards for my Master set. I like to make a copy of the submission and look the cards over and write a number next to the card I think it should grade. I do this to get better at submitting cards. I had 3/5 Dorsett cards 9's and the other two 8's. I also had a Elway and the Marino as 7's. I honestly felt the other Elway was mint. I received my grades today. All five Dorsetts were 8's. The Marino was a 6, and the Elway I felt was mint was also a 6?? The other Elway was a 7. I thought I had read on the forum that you could get the graders notes. I just wanted to see what I missed.. I called PSA and talked to Shari. She told me that she'd never heard of such a thing, but she'd take both Elways to the senior grader. I thought that's cool, maybe the first grader missed something. The problem I have is they changed the Elway, in question, from a 6 to a 7.. What about the rest of my cards? Could they be one grade off? Should I just chaulk it up to experience? What should I do.. I mean no email, no nothing, they just changed the grade. I still find it hard to beleive it's a 7..

Chad

Comments

• Options
    As I was typing I received a email from PSA. They said it was because of the corners. The email said the grade was changed after review from multiple associates. Makes me think a corner got dinged. They were tight, now I'm really confused!!

Chad
  • Options
    How did you get info on the particular from PSA, during my first submission I asked for some feeback on why 2 cards graded lower than I expected. And was informed PSA does not give out this info.

Any help would be great.

John
  • Options
    I would advise that you learn to spell advice.
    Always looking for T59 Flags.
  • Options
    I just called customer service and explained to them, and she took it upon herself to do it for me. She also told me that they normally don't do it. She must've liked my voice, or maybe because I told her I'd buy her a case of beer!

As far as spelling F.O. it was a mistake. Someone switched my c and s on my keyboard..

Chad
  • Options
    Ken's 1934 Goudey Registry Set
    - Slowly (Very Slowly) Working On A 1952 Topps Raw Set (Lower Grade)