Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1951-D Lincoln Cent (anything special?)

Is this anything special or is it just another 1951-D Lincoln Cent? Thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thanks! matteproof

[center] image [/center]
Remember Lots Wife

Comments

• Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    It's a D over S mint mark and has a price in the cherry pickers book of $150 in MS65. They show it as having an interest rating of 4 stars out of 5. mike image

• Options
    Hi darktone. Thank you so much for the info. image matteproof
    Remember Lots Wife
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as an FYI, the reason ANACS lists just the Breen number on the insert is that for a while the overmintmark attribution was questioned, as many experts believed this to be simply a repunched D/D. A few years back an EDS specimen was found and the overmintmark became the generally accepted attribution, and now I believe ANACS will put "D/S" and "OMM-1" on the insert. There are still some "varieties", like the so-called 1958/7 Lincolns, where ANACS will only list the Breen number on the insert.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options

<< <i>Just as an FYI, the reason ANACS lists just the Breen number on the insert is that for a while the overmintmark attribution was questioned, as many experts believed this to be simply a repunched D/D. A few years back an EDS specimen was found and the overmintmark became the generally accepted attribution, and now I believe ANACS will put "D/S" and "OMM-1" on the insert. There are still some "varieties", like the so-called 1958/7 Lincolns, where ANACS will only list the Breen number on the insert.

Sean Reynolds >>

Hi Sean. Thank you for the info. It is very informative. I appreciate it! image matteproof
    Remember Lots Wife
  • Options
    I see you were asking about the 1951-d Lincoln D over S. i just found about 10 of them in a roll. did you find some also? thanks David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file