Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

MRDQ the rational takes it to PM's

sorry i blew my cork image

to sum it all up

I'm busy, busier than you can possibly know and I didn't know everyone reacted so fast to these swaps. The coins have been sent, my correspondances were slower than my trade buddy is used to.

In the future know this about me please

1. I'm busier than you can imagine
2. I'm as honest as I know my mother would want me to be
3. I have 30,000 coins I want to trade (very few key dates) and the only problem is they're 99% raw and i've had most of them for 20-30 years

--------T O M---------

-------------------------

Comments

• Options
    mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    Did I mention i'm a coin collector?

I get to log in to the forums in 15-45 minute intervals usually between 11 pm and 2 am and do all the fun stuff that I can handle before going to bed and getting up at 7:30 to do it all again.

I apologize if i'm not moving as fast as he wants me to but we HAVE communicated via PM a few times since the swap was announced but give me a break please. sometimes when 11pm rolls around i go to bed and don't log in to check messages.

i'm going to work now I hope to conclude this swap and do another one. This could be a fun thing.

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • Options
    razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    Man o Man...I'm glad I backed out of this swap.image Patience DOES NOT appear to be a virtue around here.image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    Patience DOES NOT appear to be a virtue around here.

I have been involved in many swaps on this forum and have had alot of fun doing so.

I was once involved in a swap where the sign up time was more than 3 weeks. I drew a first time swapper to recieve from and he had forgot all about the swap. Even though he signed on CU every day, he apparently never read his PM's. His send to him partner even had trouble reaching him because he did not open emails from people he did not know. I finally decided to catch him online and IM through AOL. The end result was that he sent some very nice coins. He only signed up for one more swap before he realized that his reluctance to read PM's and/or emails was counterproductive for folks that want to swap.

I was part of a swap, not too long ago, where I told my send to partner that I would wait until the local dealers got back from a show and I would look over their newps for items on his want list. If any of you know dealers as this swap partner claims to you will know that this would not happen till Monday or more likely Tuesday of the following week. I PM'ed my swap partner about my intentions and later (Wednedsay) when his coins were sent and both times got his acknowledgement and agreement - he lives on the other side of the country. Friday, same week, I get a PM from the swap coordinator stating that this swap partner was complaining about my lack of response and not sending him any coins - He received his coins Saturday and seemed to be quite pleased with them.

My point is that the fun of these swaps has been ruined by an extreme lack of patience and general courtesy. I am not likely to participate in any more until some civility is restored. See my post in the good swappers list for an idea on how many I have been a part of.

MrDQ, I am willing swap with you and many others on a one to one and/or round robin basis either now or in the future. I have read some of your posts to the coin forum in the past and you seem to me a reasonable person.

Mrpawn - Court Peterson